Rams trade CB Jalen Ramsey to Dolphins for 3rd rounder + TE Hunter Long

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Everyone that was on the "they aren't getting a first" train just got bailed out. They were technically right but only because of an absolute fleecing of a trade. You can't just assume that.

This is some major coping. They got bailed out because of a technicality? That’s not reality.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yes that’s it. People need to go listen to 11 personnel with Rich Hammond and Jourdan Rodriguez. Jourdan knows all about the Rams and she said the Rams planned all along to where they could have their 1st round pick plus 10 more in 2024 and have $100 mil in cap space.

They are essentially doing this offseason what they did in 2020 that help them sorta reset things not tear it down and it helped them win a Superbowl the following season. So while I don’t like compensation or losing Ramsey I get what the Rams are doing in the short term 2023 that will put them in great shape in the long term 2024 and beyond. But the outsiders who don’t really know what the Rams are thinking don’t know so again educate and listen to 11 personnel and you will learn and understand what the Rams are trying to do.

Thinking the Rams got fleeced means we need to educate ourselves?

right-dr-evil.gif

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Everyone that was on the "they aren't getting a first" train just got bailed out. They were technically right but only because of an absolute fleecing of a trade. You can't just assume that. 

I'll give Les time to see what he does in free agency now, but it might be time for him to go. This was one of his worst trades I can remember. 

You weren't getting a first because of that contract. The idea Snead would take the hit financially when it's clear as day they as an organization are dumping salary was the wrong assumption. 

This compensation is a direct reflection to the money the Dolphins were willing to take on and Rams were not. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Feels like a combination of Rams doing Ramsey a solid even if it means less compensation (I'm sure the Lions would've offered more) and the Rams just wanting to retool their cap resources to be more free for '24.

They are definitely retooling their cap for 24 now, but I don't think this has anything to do with doing him a solid, tbh.  

29 minutes ago, Duluther said:

This is some major coping. They got bailed out because of a technicality? That’s not reality.

So they were banking on one of the more lopsided trades we've seen in recent memory? Makes sense.

18 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You weren't getting a first because of that contract. The idea Snead would take the hit financially when it's clear as day they as an organization are dumping salary was the wrong assumption. 

This compensation is a direct reflection to the money the Dolphins were willing to take on and Rams were not. 🤷‍♂️

That's fair. FWIW, I thought we'd get a 2nd and maybe a 4th or add in something to get a 1st, but there's way too much flexing of "I told you so" in here because Les got insanely fleeced. 

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Why is Ramsey so happy to leave LA? They paid him & he won a ring there

So that he has a chance to win another ring?  I'm sure he's happy to have been paid and won a ring in LA, but they're rebuilding now and Miami is looking to be an up and coming team.