The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

Everyone got their tickets? I got a 5 game pack, my dad collects the bobblehead dolls.  My games are in April, June, and July.  I usually end up going to my 5 and a handful of other games during the season. Last season I got tickets from my corporate office.  I was first row behind home plate, it was pretty cool.

1 hour ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Everyone got their tickets? I got a 5 game pack, my dad collects the bobblehead dolls.  My games are in April, June, and July.  I usually end up going to my 5 and a handful of other games during the season. Last season I got tickets from my corporate office.  I was first row behind home plate, it was pretty cool.

I didn't get a chance to go to any games last season. I've been hit and miss as a live fan. I'll try this year to see at least one. 

2 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Yep. I'm in a group who has season tickets and we divide them by 8 people. We each get 10-11 games year. 

We have a draft every year to choose the games...

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Yep. I'm in a group who has season tickets and we divide them by 8 people. We each get 10-11 games year. 

We have a draft every year to choose the games...

Love that idea...pretty sick 

I'll try to go to a few this year at least. Last few years  I really haven't had the time or the money to be attending any games. 

Edited by holt_bruce81

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That's my issue as well. I have a Fiance now so my time is a little limited. I'm working on converting her into a Cardinals fan, so hopefully that works haha 

Congrats on the engagement! I'm gonna be in the same boat this year, as I now have a 4 1/2 month old and I'll probably have to sell/giveaway a lot of my games this year. I'll still try to make it to at least 3-5 games though...

Just have to convince my wife lol...

4 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That's my issue as well. I have a Fiance now so my time is a little limited. I'm working on converting her into a Cardinals fan, so hopefully that works haha 

Try getting seats in a fun area.  My mom doesn't care about baseball.  A couple of seasons ago, my uncle and I got one of those private boxes for my dad's 60th birthday.  My mom had a blast because there was other things to do.  There are cheaper options than paying for 40 tickets or whatever that was.  The redbird club has that area with A/C and TVs, and bars.  There is the area near the bowtie bar.  There is even the place at BPV that is like an open air sportsbar.  All of these are a whole lot more fun than sitting in a plastic seat in the oppressive St. Louis heat for 4 hours, if you aren't already into the baseball.

Just now, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Try getting seats in a fun area.  My mom doesn't care about baseball.  A couple of seasons ago, my uncle and I got one of those private boxes for my dad's 60th birthday.  My mom had a blast because there was other things to do.  There are cheaper options than paying for 40 tickets or whatever that was.  The redbird club has that area with A/C and TVs, and bars.  There is the area near the bowtie bar.  There is even the place at BPV that is like an open air sportsbar.  All of these are a whole lot more fun than sitting in a plastic seat in the oppressive St. Louis heat for 4 hours, if you aren't already into the baseball.

They're actually tearing out 8,000 seats at Busch this year and adding a standing area only w/ live entertainment and open venue for socializing. Sounds like this might be perfect fit.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinals-remove-seats-at-busch-to-create-new-place-for/article_e5af9d90-6419-5904-bd76-3d8d7153d546.html

All that said, there really isn't a bad seat in this stadium.  We went to the trial game Springfield vs Memphis, and after everyone sat in their seats for the first inning and a half, everyone kind of just wandered the stadium trying new sections.  There wasn't anywhere that was difficult to see.

55 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

All that said, there really isn't a bad seat in this stadium.  We went to the trial game Springfield vs Memphis, and after everyone sat in their seats for the first inning and a half, everyone kind of just wandered the stadium trying new sections.  There wasn't anywhere that was difficult to see.

I like going to Springfield games. I'm a big fan of the Redbird Roost. Gotta love all you can eat brats and nachos. 

I think I only made it to two games last year.  Hoping to make it to more this year.  I've never done season tickets.  The past few years I've been able to take advantage of a special program the Cardinals have run.  As a youth pastor, I'm able to get a clergy pass, which allows me to get two general admission tickets to any game (except Cubs games or sold out games).  It's really cool.  

I'm also interested in trying to get to a minor league game at some point.  I've always thought it would be cool to go to a Memphis Redbirds game, but maybe Springfield is a better option.  My grandad owns a condo in Branson that we usually stay at once or twice a year.  Making the hour drive up to Springfield wouldn't be bad at all.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tttmikeb said:

I think I only made it to two games last year.  Hoping to make it to more this year.  I've never done season tickets.  The past few years I've been able to take advantage of a special program the Cardinals have run.  As a youth pastor, I'm able to get a clergy pass, which allows me to get two general admission tickets to any game (except Cubs games or sold out games).  It's really cool.  

I'm also interested in trying to get to a minor league game at some point.  I've always thought it would be cool to go to a Memphis Redbirds game, but maybe Springfield is a better option.  My grandad owns a condo in Branson that we usually stay at once or twice a year.  Making the hour drive up to Springfield wouldn't be bad at all.

I went to college is Springfield and we would go to the Cards games there all the time (this is when we thought we had the 2nd coming of Jim Edmonds named Colby Rasmus playing at Springfield). It's a REALLY nice venue for a AA team. I suggest checking it out if you're already in area. Throw in a trip to Lambert's Cafe too on your way back down to Branson...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I went to college is Springfield and we would go to the Cards games there all the time (this is when we thought we had the 2nd coming of Jim Edmonds named Colby Rasmus playing at Springfield). It's a REALLY nice venue for a AA team. I suggest checking it out if you're already in area. Throw in a trip to Lambert's Cafe too on your way back down to Branson...

Good call on Lambert's.  My wife's not a big fan, so we don't usually stop there, but I love it.  Good food and lots of fun!  Thanks for the info on Springfield.