Seahawks sign DT Dre'mont Jones (3 years, $51 M)

RaidersAreOne

Good pickup with Jones i know the Falcons were in on him as well.  Depending on the cost it could be a very good grab for the Seahawks.    If it's closer to the 18 a year he was supposedly asking for thats a tough pill to swallow but if it's closer to the 10 or so a year we got Ony at then i think the Seahawks made out better than we did with a bit better player.     13 to 14 a year and i think Hawks are probably right where he should be.

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

So it sounds like it’s 18 guaranteed at signing and the true guarantees are probably in the 30s. Just confusion over terminology. 

Pretty fair value actually, I thought he’d get close to 20 per year. 

He was supposedly asking for 18 a year and ended up with 17 a year so he didn't do to shabby based on that.  Good player but 17 is a bit more than i probably would have given i was thinking 13 to 14 myself on what i would be ok with Falcons going after him for.    still can't be mad at him for getting his bag and can't be mad at Seahawks for adding a good one to that D-line.