Lions sign DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

chiefs82

Honestly surprised he took a 1 year deal again,  regardless of the team? He and His agent truly overvalued the market. Costing him millions. I have no doubt Howie offered him a 10-12M APY , multi year deal before FA. 

They were like nope, need 14+! Howie then moves on to signing JB, Cox, Kelce and Slay. Money ran out. No way CGJ was going back with his tail between his legs after seeing the FA Safety market and saying, can I get 8M from you now Howie?

Great signing by Detroit. Love the plaer/energy!

Edited by Nabbs4u

Just now, Dr A W Niloc said:

What is the world coming to when Chicago and Detroit are making such intelligent moves?

Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell know that the Lions haven't won their division or a playoff game in 30 years. IF they do that, they will be immortalized. 

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

The one that Guaranteed me 8.5M over the next two seasons at worst a 8M avg over the full 3 if not renegotiated.

Where are you getting 8.5 guaranteed over the next two seasons at worst? His agent here is talking about a deal they were given was less than 7 over 2 with most of the money tied into year 3. No mention of guaranteed dollars

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, typecast said:

Where are you getting 8.5 guaranteed over the next two seasons at worst? His agent here is talking about a deal they were given was less than 7 over 2 with most of the money tied into year 3. No mention of guaranteed dollars

Read that wrong, apologies.  Saw 17M, assumed it was the  guaranteed portion. Is that suppose to be the Eagles 1st offer "before FA"? Or what they could afford to do after everyone else signed?

Either way, they overplayed thier market value.

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Read that wrong, apologies.  Saw 17M, assumed it was the  guaranteed portion. Is that suppose to be the Eagles 1st offer "before FA"? Or what they could afford to do after everyone else signed?

Either way, they overplayed thier market value.

If I had to guess, it was probably offered to fit him in with Bradberry and Slay. Get all three done over the weekend. No way I'd ever take that 2nd deal though. CJ publicly called cap on the talk coming from the Eagles beat writers about multi-year and 12M apy offers. He deleted that and his agent then posted.

5 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell know that the Lions haven't won their division or a playoff game in 30 years. IF they do that, they will be immortalized. 

It’s why I’m expecting an aggressive trade up from you guys. Maybe for Will Anderson depending on how the draft shakes up.