Would it be fair to say that Eli Manning has been below average for 75% of his career?

patriotsheatyan

4 minutes ago, MathMan said:

I mean, if dilfer wins twice with the Ravens, we dont put him in.

Obviously eli is better than dilfer, but we cant put 2 sbs in a vaccuum

Putting Eli in the HOF is the equivalent, IMO, of Joe Flacco going in the HOF if he wins another Superbowl and gets MVP. You can't just hand out HOF honors based on like 1% of a guy's career and ignore the other 99% where he was not very good.

I think he gets in the HOF in sometime for a few reasons.

1: He is Eli "Manning" aka that last name helps a lot.

2: QB of the Giants team that beat the Patriots in the Superbowl not once, but twice. 

3: One of those teams included the 18-0 Pats.

I personally wouldn't vote him in myself, but since it is the Hall of "Fame" and not the Hall of "Great" he makes it in after some years.

Though take away his last name, and change the context of his two Superbowl victories(He beats some random 12-4 team twice instead of the Patriots) then he would have no chance. 

In the end, I don't believe he is a Hall of Fame QB, but he will probably get voted in anyway.

I’ll say what I said in another thread: I don’t think he’s a HOFer but I think he’s definitely going to get in. 

On topic, to say he was below average for 3/4 of his career is too far IMO. His rookie year, this current year, and actually 2007 were really his years as a meh QB (sans that post season). The rest I’d say were at least average. Id be hard pressed to find 16 better QBs than him for most of his career. He was pushing the top 5 for a little bit.

8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’ll say what I said in another thread: I don’t think he’s a HOFer but I think he’s definitely going to get in. 

On topic, to say he was below average for 3/4 of his career is too far IMO. His rookie year, this current year, and actually 2007 were really his years as a meh QB (sans that post season). The rest I’d say were at least average. Id be hard pressed to find 16 better QBs than him for most of his career. He was pushing the top 5 for a little bit.

Agree with pretty much all of this. 

11 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

He was below average in passer rating a majority of the seasons in his career, and you don't consider leading the league in interceptions bad.

46 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Putting Eli in the HOF is the equivalent, IMO, of Joe Flacco going in the HOF if he wins another Superbowl and gets MVP. You can't just hand out HOF honors based on like 1% of a guy's career and ignore the other 99% where he was not very good.

You admire Flacco is a pos scrub? Yet why were there so many Raven fans to come to his defense.. 

Archived