Tennessee should have kept the Oilers name

Towerbridge

Just now, D82 said:

Yeah. That just wouldn't make sense. 

Though Texans is kind of a weak name...something like Traffic Jams, Hurricanes, Swamp ***** would fit better...

I was pulling for the Apollos - stick with the Space City theme that the Astros and Rockets already have.

Texans ultimately grew on me. If they rebranded the team now, I might actually miss the simplicity of the name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I was pulling for the Apollos - stick with the Space City theme that the Astros and Rockets already have.

Texans ultimately grew on me. If they rebranded the team now, I might actually miss the simplicity of the name.

Should have went with the Houston Jetsons then.

48 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:
2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Should have went with the Houston Jetsons then.

It's *Space* City, not *Future* City. The Jetsons were on Earth, no?

(OMG... The Houston Mandalorians is the way).

1 hour ago, Warhorse said:

Well, for that matter.....there was a team called the Dallas Texans....that eventually became the Colts who are now in Indy. 

Houston Colts makes sense....if not....nauseating. 

Wait, the Colts? I thought they were always the Colts since Baltimore? I thought the AFL Dallas Texans (the Chicago Cardinals, bought by Lamar Hunt) eventually became Patrick Mahomes' current franchise, the Kansas City Chiefs...

In other news, YOUR 2022 World Series Champion Houston Astros used to be referred to as the Houston Colt .45s - because we love guns down here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

It's *Space* City, not *Future* City. The Jetsons were on Earth, no?

(OMG... The Houston Mandalorians is the way).

Well I figured since the baseball team is already named after their dog, and Jetsons rhymes with Texans if you're a mumble rapper. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Wait, the Colts? I thought they were always the Colts since Baltimore? I thought the AFL Dallas Texans (the Chicago Cardinals, bought by Lamar Hunt) eventually became Patrick Mahomes' current franchise, the Kansas City Chiefs...

In other news, YOUR 2022 World Series Champion Houston Astros used to be referred to as the Houston Colt .45s - because we love guns down here.

The Texans are considered one of the worst teams in NFL history, both on and off the field, and while based in Dallas, they were later based in Hershey, Pennsylvania and Akron, Ohio during their only season. After the team folded, the league awarded its assets to the new Baltimore Colts (who moved to Indianapolis in 1984).

Professional football returned to Dallas in 1960, as the American Football League (AFL) commenced operations with one of its eight charter members in Dallas (also called the Texans), while the NFL added the Dallas Cowboys.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

The Texans are considered one of the worst teams in NFL history, both on and off the field, and while based in Dallas, they were later based in Hershey, Pennsylvania and Akron, Ohio during their only season. After the team folded, the league awarded its assets to the new Baltimore Colts (who moved to Indianapolis in 1984).

Professional football returned to Dallas in 1960, as the American Football League (AFL) commenced operations with one of its eight charter members in Dallas (also called the Texans), while the NFL added the Dallas Cowboys.

Aha! So there were two Dallas Texans franchises...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

Well I figured since the baseball team is already named after their dog, and Jetsons rhymes with Texans if you're a mumble rapper. 🤷‍♂️

Texas has a few mumble rappers, so... You're onto something.

10 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

The Northern Cardinal is not a migratory bird, and is rare in AZ. Also the Cardinals were named after a color, originally, because they bought washed-out hand-me-down uniforms from the University of Chicago, which were described as Cardinal Red.

I call your AZ Cardinals and raise you one Utah Jazz and LA Lakers 

On 4/6/2023 at 7:11 AM, ET80 said:

or #4 RB is more valuable than a name and logo

Well a #4 RB, yeah sure

But you guys had David ******* Johnson. 

Missed your chance to trade him for a big haul IMO.

• Like 1