Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That explains it

Yea, that's a definitely upgrade for them.

Nikki Sixx knew he couldn't make the same mistake twice.

They'll have to really revamp that LB & safety group to make Fangio's scheme work though. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Yea, that's a definitely upgrade for them.

Nikki Sixx knew he couldn't make the same mistake twice.

They'll have to really revamp that LB & safety group to make Fangio's scheme work though. 

Well, booger. Why do people actually have to learn from mistakes? They do need massive upgrades at linebacker. Desai was a Fangio guy and they were less bad under him than Patricia, but linebackers in zone defenses are just as valuable as coverage defenders as the corners and safeties. You don't get to do the Eagles thing of putting your eggs into three valuable buckets and ignoring the rest.

• Like 1

Harbaugh to San Diego.. Its assumed he'll bring Roman as OC and Minter at DC, his guy from Michigan. They have a ton of work to do with that roster before I can guess how this will work in the short term. They are way up against the cap and have to shred some players.. Mike Williams has to go, Keenan Allen probably gets extended for some cap relief..

Edited by adamq

3 minutes ago, adamq said:

Harbaugh to San Diego.. Its assumed he'll bring Roman as OC and Minter at DC, his guy from Michigan. They have a ton of work to do with that roster before I can guess how this will work in the short term. They are way up against the cap and have to shred some players.. Mike Williams has to go, Keenan Allen probably gets extended for some cap relief..

He will probably get the most out of that roster in the short term. Real question is if he has learned from his stint here and build something more sustainable. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, adamq said:

Love it; Harbaugh is good for the NFL. I also love that he didn’t go to Seattle. 

• Like 2

So Pierce to the Raiders, Mayo to the Pats, Callahan to the Titans, Harbaugh to the Chargers

Commanders, Falcons, Panthers, Seahawks all have open HC jobs...Johnson, Slowik, McDonald, Canales, Vrabel, Belichek have to be the top contenders for these jobs 

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

So Pierce to the Raiders, Mayo to the Pats, Callahan to the Titans, Harbaugh to the Chargers

Commanders, Falcons, Panthers, Seahawks all have open HC jobs...Johnson, Slowik, McDonald, Canales, Vrabel, Belichek have to be the top contenders for these jobs 

I really wonder where Belichek is going? It doesn’t look like it’s ATL and he hasn’t interviewed for anyone else (yet). 

The chargers are a mess and are in tough division with Sean Payton year 2 and unfortunately one of the biggest if not the biggest bully in the nfl. I'm open to the idea that I could be wrong and they have a quick turnaround but I think people are forgetting that he was close to being fired at Michigan just a few years ago. Props to him that he was able to figure it out and turn it around (also helped that Urban took the Jax job) but I don't think he quite the coaching savant he is made out to be at this point.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

And now Canales to the Panthers. I like this hire; he got a lot out of Geno in '22 & Baker in '23. Of course, working for Tepper is a wildcard 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

And now Canales to the Panthers. I like this hire; he got a lot out of Geno in '22 & Baker in '23. Of course, working for Tepper is a wildcard 

Canales was a really nice get for the Panthers. It'll be interesting to see who they get at the skill positions in trade and FA

• Like 1

Looking rough for the Chiefs right now. Sounds like Gay won't play. Thuney is already out. Marlon Humphrey sounds like he's a go for Baltimore