Dan Snyder reaches agreement to sell Washington Commanders to Josh Harris for $6.05B

Daboyle

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Congratulations to Dan Snyder on his zero Super Bowl appearances and zero NFC championship appearances. Quite an accomplishment for only two decades.

Just think - this time next year, you won’t have to say his name in relation to your team anymore. He’s gone!

Really happy for you and your fans!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Somebody has gotta explain to me how the Washington Football Team is worth that much or is this just another situation like QBs where everybody who gets paid resets the market regardless of how good they actually are.

Regardless of the suckage the better part of the last 3 decades, WTF is still in a larger market then other clubs. 

It's why people mitch and complain about to many NFCE team games being on TV. 

Now I'm sure as you eluded to , each sell of a Franchise probably sets the market for the next especially with the ever growing Billions of dollars being made on a yearly basis.

Snyder makes out like a bandit despite being the POS individual he truly is. Gotta love America. 

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Somebody has gotta explain to me how the Washington Football Team is worth that much or is this just another situation like QBs where everybody who gets paid resets the market regardless of how good they actually are.

There are many reasons, actually.

Besides being in a big market. They're the 6th oldest NFL team.

Did You Know?

The Washington Commanders have sold out their home games since 1968, the longest consecutive sellout streak in NFL history. 

Right now, the Harris deal isn't official? Why? Because there's a bid for 7 Billion at the moment.

When 1 of the big horses is for sale in the League & Secretariat is the one people are bidding on? It's gonna cost, ya.

Broncos sold for around 4.5B. That's like Seabiscuit. Seahawks will probably be close to that, when sold next year.

The history of a team is a huge factor, as well as market.

6. Washington Commanders

First Season in NFL:  1932
 Year Established: July 9, 1932 
 Previous Name(s):  Boston Braves (1932); Boston Redskins (1933 – 1936); Washington Redskins (1937 – 2019); Washington Football Team (2020 – 2021); and Washington Commanders (2022 – Present) 
 Home Field:  FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland
 Current Owner(s):  Daniel Snyder
 Current Colors:  Burgundy and Gold

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

HUSH MONEY...

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 12:47 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Prices keep going up. 

I will say it’s crazy every NFL Franchise is worth more than Star Wars and worth more than the UFC. And WWE would only be like 1.5 teams. 

Edited by BayRaider

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36179498/top-priorities-new-owners-dan-snyder-sells-washington-commanders

Does a great job outlining the challenges that new ownership has. The big one it doesn’t address is that your teams mascot is pretty important. Whether it’s right or wrong, many Washington fans connected with the Redskins mascot. There is no connection to the Commanders mascot, and frankly it is a dumb mascot. Of course it’s going to have an impact on the fanbase.

• 4 weeks later...