Week 13 GDT: G(eno)iants @ Raiders?

SilverNBlackFan

10 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I mean, Richardson is currently the WR 2/3 for the Seahawks with a healthy Lockett and Baldwin. I don’t think Wilson makes Richardson. In a lot of plays this season, Richardson bails out Wilson when he throws those 50/50 (also plays the Raiders receivers aren’t consistently converting). It’s tough to know what kind of player Richardson would be in a more structured offense, but I do see the skills of a good NFL receiver regardless.

From what you're saying their play styles definitely mesh. Whether Richardson is good or not is still yet to be proven production wise and the fact that he is thin and already had multiple serious knee and leg injuries in his short NFL and college career are heavy strikes that would seriously factor in on any kind of deal regardless of how he adjust to throw or what not. Just not the type of guy I'd add to this core especially with the scenario that I mentioned I like to see us move to with the position. Just doesn't fit the team or the QB. But I'm sure he has made some plays. He wouldn't be getting snaps otherwise.

4 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

From what you're saying their play styles definitely mesh. Whether Richardson is good or not is still yet to be proven production wise and the fact that he is thin and already had multiple serious knee and leg injuries in his short NFL and college career are heavy strikes that would seriously factor in on any kind of deal regardless of how he adjust to throw or what not. Just not the type of guy I'd add to this core especially with the scenario that I mentioned I like to see us move to with the position. Just doesn't fit the team or the QB. But I'm sure he has made some plays. He wouldn't be getting snaps otherwise.

Your pronoun game is confusing me. Whose styles mesh? I'm confident and already convinced Richardson is a good player. The real question for me is: how good? His injury history would make him more affordable and thus more attractive. I believe he is at least twice the player Seth Roberts is and can be had for less than twice the asking price.

And like I said, Richardson does fit with the team (as it currently stands) and quarterback. His ball skills align with how Carr plays (back shoulders, precise 50/50 balls). Plus he's already everything the staff hoped Roberts to be; a guy who can be a mismatch for slot corners and take advantage of single coverage afforded to him by the presence of Cooper and Crabtree.

Do I think Landry is a better player than Richardson? Yes. He's both a better player and different player. While I believe Richardson better compliments Carr's game I would rather have Landry. That said, I'm fairly certain Landry will easy cost $10+ million looking at comparable players entering free agency. I'm not sure I'd want Landry at the price as it would limit what the team could do on defense in free agency.

43 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Your pronoun game is confusing me. Whose styles mesh? I'm confident and already convinced Richardson is a good player. The real question for me is: how good? His injury history would make him more affordable and thus more attractive. I believe he is at least twice the player Seth Roberts is and can be had for less than twice the asking price.

And like I said, Richardson does fit with the team (as it currently stands) and quarterback. His ball skills align with how Carr plays (back shoulders, precise 50/50 balls). Plus he's already everything the staff hoped Roberts to be; a guy who can be a mismatch for slot corners and take advantage of single coverage afforded to him by the presence of Cooper and Crabtree.

Do I think Landry is a better player than Richardson? Yes. He's both a better player and different player. While I believe Richardson better compliments Carr's game I would rather have Landry. That said, I'm fairly certain Landry will easy cost $10+ million looking at comparable players entering free agency. I'm not sure I'd want Landry at the price as it would limit what the team could do on defense in free agency.

Who I was talking about talking about in terms of styles...Wilson and Richardson.

Like I said before I wasn't talking about something that I think the team will do. I was throwing out a scenario I'd like to see for the position. In that scenario Landry's money would come from Crab and Roberts relinquished salary.

If you want to say that Landry is better and different than Richardson than the same applies to Richardson and Roberts on a MUCH smaller scales in the better category. They both have pluses and minus to them that need to be considered. And while Richardson's price would be reduced due to his intensive injury history, if we are really talking about the team dumping Roberts for Richardson, if you really think Richardson isn't gonna get adeal comparable or probably even better than 3yrs 12mil than I don't know what to tell ya?

I don't see Richardson being as of threat in the slot as 4-5 other guys that will be on the market if we're looking or as being worth the risk for the price he will demand.

Archived