Jalen Hurts and Eagles agree to 5 year $255M (179.3M gtd) extension

.Buzz

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's not just 'not bad', it's the most valuable contract in football for the team.

If Mahomes stayed on the 3-5 year and re-up type schedule, he could ask for $55-60MM+ AAV.

maybe money is not the most important thing to Mahomes.  he has 2 titles and is getting paid plenty.  

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean even from a player perspective, $477M in guaranteed money seems pretty nice to me? idk. Not sure why Mahomes should kill his agent over that contract. Maybe Mahomes himself wanted the longer structure and didn't wanna re-negotiate after 3-5 years? Who knows.

No one is saying that.  I just said I wonder if the NFLPA would want to pressure him for a different structure that puts his near the top again.  When the cap makes another jump, if he's still at a sub-$50mil cap hit and cash flow, owners will start to cap QB's some, especially if Mahomes stays the best and some of these mega contracts don't work out.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Have you really looked at the structure?  The GTD at signing was only $63mil.  Most of those GTD's are in roster bonuses.

and the future roster bonuses become guaranteed like 1-2 years ahead and it becomes building dead cap

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

the revenue for the players to get paid is not unlimited.  if Mahomes is making more, that leaves less for others at some point

On his team sure.  League wide though?  FWIW you know the cap is supposed to spike in like 2 years right?

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

No one is saying that.  I just said I wonder if the NFLPA would want to pressure him for a different structure that puts his near the top again.  When the cap makes another jump, if he's still at a sub-$50mil cap hit and cash flow, owners will start to cap QB's some, especially if Mahomes stays the best and some of these mega contracts don't work out.

well......

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Pat Mahomes should murder his agent.

• Like 1

Just now, Chiefer said:

Apparently that’s underpaid😂😂

I mean I get it that the $63M signing bonus is really low and most of the guarantees are based on him being healthy and on the roster, but it's Patrick freaking Mahomes, of course he's going to be on the roster on the first day of league year 2023...it's the same with Lamar. You're the franchise QB, the team isn't gonna cut you! It's a creative way of giving a QB $.5B while also working around the cap.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Pat Mahomes should murder his agent.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

idk seems like someone said it ;) 

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

maybe money is not the most important thing to Mahomes.  he has 2 titles and is getting paid plenty.  

Bingo. This is very reminiscent to Giselle’s ex-husband. Does anyone here think that guy wins seven SBs with market setting deals? 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Bingo. This is very reminiscent to Giselle’s ex-husband. Does anyone here think that guy wins seven SBs with market setting deals? 

Not to mention Mahomes has endorsements like crazy as well. Very easy for him to just take a long-term NFL contract for the stability and then focus on football while still making half a bill + endorsements.

It all comes down to what the player wants, honestly. Like we all just assume every guy wants to be the highest paid player ever every 3 years, maybe that's just not the case here.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 4