Jalen Hurts and Eagles agree to 5 year $255M (179.3M gtd) extension

.Buzz

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar to the Ravens today: "Yeah I want my deal to be fully guaranteed still"

Ravens front office:

Frustrated Ugh GIF - Frustrated Ugh Headache - Discover & Share GIFs

“It doesn’t have to all be guaranteed, just more than Watson got guaranteed with equal or less years.”

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

players not taking team-friendly deals, i would guess

so if the top QB all push for the big payday and not the "team friendly deals, the team still has to fill out its roster and fit under the salary cap.  the more the QB takes (or any top tier player takes), there is only so much left and the squeeze is the 2nd contract players.  

every year 250+  or so players get drafted.  add to that around 100 UDFA.  so 350 players in a draft cycle are added to the NFL.  over a 4 year process that is 1400 players.

32 teams x 53 man roster = 1696 players on active rosters in the NFL.   all those players are making less than $5M per year.  so the remaining 300 players are splitting the workable cap space from each team.  

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar asking for a contract with more guarantees than Watson got, but in the same or less years but also saying it doesn't have to be fully guaranteed:

I feel like in this scenario, you’re the frustrated chef, Lamar is ordering, the waitress is Lamar’s friend who put a yoga Matt and 2 lb dumbbells in a briefcase and is negotiating while being unable to do so, and I’m the guy asking if he wants whole eggs or egg whites.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I feel like I’m this scenario, you’re the frustrated chef, Lamar is ordering, the waitress is Lamar’s friend who put a yoga Matt and 2 lb dumbbells in a briefcase and is negotiating while being unable to do so, and I’m the guy asking if he wants whole eggs or egg whites.

Precisely lol

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

It took nine pages to get to the uggerphant in the room. Let's not kid ourselves: this is what it's about.

One is the face of a franchise, the other is the face of nightmares. Lamar looks like a sleep apnea demon. Jalen looks like he's the heir to Tom Brady's underwear modeling empire.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 3