Jalen Hurts and Eagles agree to 5 year $255M (179.3M gtd) extension

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Only reason why I didn’t have a long depression after the loss in the Super Bowl was because of Hurts.

Dude played amazing, even more so when you actually break down what Spags was doing.

Just felt good knowing you got the guy

Just hope he doesn’t get too many massages. Trust me on that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Well yeah Mahomes went his own route and did a record-setting deal in his own way. No QB has ever gotten $500M or 10 years.

I don't think he took that deal to help the team. I feel like he took that deal just to not have to come back 3 years later and re-negotiate again. But I'm not Patrick Mahomes so idk

For the record - I have no problem with Mahomes and the deal he took.  That's why (and to clarify for a 3rd time) I'm wondering if the NFLPA would push for something to happen there.

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

For the record - I have no problem with Mahomes and the deal he took.  That's why (and to clarify for a 3rd time) I'm wondering if the NFLPA would push for something to happen there.

My question - did they press Tom Brady for doing something similar? Sure, the agreement wasn’t 10 years in length, but Brady continually taking deals that didn’t pay him the highest yield was probably just as problematic for the NFLPA (which is to say - it wasn’t, people still got their deals).

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Damn, you right. Lamar wins again! Guy is probably laughing his *** off right now thinking about how much Hurts has to pay in agent fees!

Knowing the situation as I’ve observed over the past few weeks - a Twitter meltdown by Lamar is all but promised within the next 72 hours.

And oooooooh, child… I’m here for it.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Knowing the situation as I’ve observed over the past few weeks - a Twitter meltdown by Lamar is all but promised within the next 72 hours.

And oooooooh, child… I’m here for it.

and all of the lamar stans will be out in force doing mental gymnastics to convince themselves the Ravens and the NFL are colluding to not pay Lamar what "he's worth"...or something...

• Like 2

Just now, ET80 said:

My question - did they press Tom Brady for doing something similar? Sure, the agreement wasn’t 10 years in length, but Brady continually taking deals that didn’t pay him the highest yield was probably just as problematic for the NFLPA (which is to say - it wasn’t, people still got their deals).

I was trying to find definitive proof but I heard rumors of them pushing him.  Plenty of players spoke out about him being underpaid along the way.

1 minute ago, CP3MVP said:

So for the 1000th time, the deshaun deal did not send some new guaranteed contract standard and was a dumb move by an organization everyone has laughed at for 20 years. 

Lamar to the Ravens today: "Yeah I want my deal to be fully guaranteed still"

Ravens front office:

Frustrated Ugh GIF - Frustrated Ugh Headache - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 12

56 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Mahomes as well got paid right after his SB win too

Yeah but that was separate from his MVP season, at least you have two seasons of sample size there. With Hurt it was really all about 2022.