Jalen Hurts and Eagles agree to 5 year $255M (179.3M gtd) extension

.Buzz

49 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Is he though? Do you think there is a club out there that wouldn't exceed the Jalen Hurts contract? Even the Ravens who I believe have no intention of signing him to that kind of deal, never has which was always the issue from the jump.

How about when Burrow signs in the next week or so, Justin? Will any club then match or exceed that contract, even if by a $1 if Lamar says, Lets get it done?

The minute Lamar gives up the pipe dream of a Watson contract which will never ever happen again because the Browns are idiots, he will be the highest paid QB in the NFL so did he really cost himself millions or cash in even more?

Guess we'll find out in the next 2 weeks. 🤷‍♂️

disagree.. yeah, he is going to be rich as hell but not the highest...he isn't at the top of the QB's in the NFL. Top 10.

and yes, the Browns are idiots and have basically caused all this crap because they were a desperate **** team.. 

Edited by fluhartz

40 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It was guarantees for injury and being on the roster, so I mean assuming Lamar is healthy he'd absolutely reach those guarantees.

All contracts are fully guaranteed if you are on the roster and they don't cut you.

What distinction do you think you are making between total contract value and guarantees then?

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

Kind of a bad deal.... Sooo.... The eagles already let like they whole defense walk.... They gonna lose one of those WRs too..

They basically are following the Chiefs model without having Mahomes or even Lamar level QB....Eagles are headed back down.... Last year was there "Russell Wilson" Seattle years.... Veteran defense, tons of weapons, rookie QB contract.... They are now headed towards the "Russell Wilson after contact/Denver era" haha

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Then it would've been reported as part of his GTD money lol

Lamar's entire contract offer was for 3 years. It was 3 years / $133M fully gtd at signing with other guarantees up to $200M.

So you believe Lamar was offered $200M for 3 years … $66.66M AAV

10 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

All contracts are fully guaranteed if you are on the roster and they don't cut you.

What distinction do you think you are making between total contract value and guarantees then?

Total Contract Value includes the non-guaranteed money. Guarantees include...just the guaranteed money. The first tweet I linked above explains how NFL contracts use the word "guarantee" to mean a bunch of different things.

And do you think the Ravens would cut Lamar after 2 years when he's like 28(?) years old?

2 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

So you believe Lamar was offered $200M for 3 years … $66.66M AAV

He was offered 3 years / $250M and the contract included up to $200M guaranteed. It's in the 2nd tweet I linked above.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How does his deal compare relative to the cap at the time though?

Looking at a 7% annual cap increase, Mahomes deal from 2020 would today be a 6yr effectively $244million guaranteed deal. $40.6 million effectively guaranteed per year.

We'll see what Hurts' effective guarantee is.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Total Contract Value includes the non-guaranteed money. Guarantees include...just the guaranteed money. The first tweet I linked above explains how NFL contracts use the word "guarantee" to mean a bunch of different things.

He was offered 3 years / $250M and the contract included up to $200M guaranteed. It's in the 2nd tweet I linked above.

Ok $83.3M AAV. 
makes even more sense

2 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Ok $83.3M AAV. 
makes even more sense

Hence why virtually everyone talking about Hurts' contract is comparing it to the one the Ravens offered Lamar - because they are virtually identical - which is hilarious because Lamar and his camp have been playing the "the Ravens are lowballing him" card forever now and of course it's never been the case. 

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Hence why virtually everyone talking about Hurts' contract is comparing it to the one the Ravens offered Lamar - because they are virtually identical - which is hilarious because Lamar and his camp have been playing the "the Ravens are lowballing him" card forever now and of course it's never been the case. 

I don't think the Ravens are lowballing Lamar. 

I do think it's worth calling out that when stating guarantees, it should only be what is REALLY guaranteed** at signing.

** Like the player won't get that money only if there's a crime or something truly abnormal. If Lamar suddenly turned into Zach Wilson less talented brother the day after signing, he would still get all of that money is what guaranteed figures should be referring too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

I do think it's worth calling out that when stating guarantees, it should only be what is REALLY guaranteed** at signing.

I think that's why more and more people are starting to differentiate what they mean by "guarantees", because there's the signing bonus, rolling guarantees, etc. - and yeah I agree anything that's not FULLY guaranteed at signing isn't guaranteed. But in NFL contract language...it is...lol

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

** Like the player won't get that money only if there's a crime or something truly abnormal. If Lamar suddenly turned into Zach Wilson less talented brother the day after signing, he would still get all of that money is what guaranteed figures should be referring too.

Yeah I agree with this.

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

So the numbers we have are 110 day-1 gtd for Hurts and 133 day-1 gtd (and negotiated earlier, which is worth noting) for Jackson. It makes Jackson look full-LeVeon.

30 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

disagree.. yeah, he is going to be rich as hell but not the highest...he isn't at the top of the QB's in the NFL. Top 10.

and yes, the Browns are idiots and have basically caused all this crap because they were a desperate **** team.. 

do you blame them?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRI7a168DtUJpkOjmA6TEJ

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see the structure. 5 years makes it interesting to me, just for a Howie Roseman deal, because that's about the least flexible contract length for what he normally tends to do. At least for the initial contract. Can't really do anything with void years on this since signing bonuses only stretch out over 5 years. Though they can always restructure future years I suppose. But can't do like, Fletcher Cox kind of shenanigans with this price and length. So we'll see if it looks like it's built to be moved around later.

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Trust me no one is comparing

Lamar $83.3M

Hurts $51M 

because that Lamar figure is not true