raidr4life's full mock

raidr4life

Without further adieu

Trade: TB received pick 7 - Will Levis

LV received picks 19,50,82

19. Deonte Banks, CB Maryland (He's a little Witherspoon, Gonzalez mix could end up top CB in this class)

38. Trenton Simpson, LB Clemson (Comes in competes day 1, the all around LB we need)

50. Tuli Tuipulotu, Edge USC (He lost weight to be an edge full time still has lots of versatility can replace C.Jones in short order)

70. Gervon Dexter, DT Florida (Great first step solid addition to the interior DL)

82. Jordan Battle, S Alabama (Safety with size that can be stout in the box and a coverage threat, steady player)

100. Zack Kuntz, TE ODU (Raiders troll everyone take a TE with the pick from Waller trade, and draft an immediate matchup weapon)

109. Ricky Stromberg, OC Arkansas (Intelligent player could catch on fast ridding us of James, has experience at both guard spots)

Trade: Jax received picks 141,144

LV received pick 127

127. Clayton Tune, QB Houstan (A prospect to groom, above average arm strength and creation capacity, elite competitive toughness in clutch situations, superb pocket navigator)

174. Chandler Zavala, OG NC State (Solid 2022 season after only 5 career starts)

204. Atonio Mafi, OG UCLA (Above average football smarts, plays with a nasty streak)

214. Karl Brooks, DT Bowling Green (Small school guy who did it all, could surprise as a 3T)

220. Viliami Fehoko, Edge SJS (Another versatile player who was nearly unblockable this past fall)

231. Matt Landers, WR Arkansas (A developmental JMD special with tons of upside)

One block buster trade which I think we need if we are going to fill this roster with top 150 players or a couple of small trade downs to add picks.

Late trade up for a QB to groom which I prefer this year.

Thanks for reading feedback appreciated.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Without further adieu

19. Deonte Banks, CB Maryland (He's a little Witherspoon, Gonzalez mix could end up top CB in this class)

38. Trenton Simpson, LB Clemson (Comes in competes day 1, the all around LB we need)

50. Tuli Tuipulotu, Edge USC (He lost weight to be an edge full time still has lots of versatility can replace C.Jones in short order)

70. Gervon Dexter, DT Florida (Great first step solid addition to the interior DL)

82. Jordan Battle, S Alabama (Safety with size that can be stout in the box and a coverage threat, steady player)

100. Zack Kuntz, TE ODU (Raiders troll everyone take a TE with the pick from Waller trade, and draft an immediate matchup weapon)

109. Ricky Stromberg, OC Arkansas (Intelligent player could catch on fast ridding us of James, has experience at both guard spots)

LV received pick 127

127. Clayton Tune, QB Houstan (A prospect to groom, above average arm strength and creation capacity, elite competitive toughness in clutch situations, superb pocket navigator)

174. Chandler Zavala, OG NC State (Solid 2022 season after only 5 career starts)

204. Atonio Mafi, OG UCLA (Above average football smarts, plays with a nasty streak)

214. Karl Brooks, DT Bowling Green (Small school guy who did it all, could surprise as a 3T)

220. Viliami Fehoko, Edge SJS (Another versatile player who was nearly unblockable this past fall)

231. Matt Landers, WR Arkansas (A developmental JMD special with tons of upside)

One block buster trade which I think we need if we are going to fill this roster with top 150 players or a couple of small trade downs to add picks.

Should probably trade some for picks next year. This to many rookies.

Trading down would be best move and I like the players/positions selected. 

I just did 3 round PFF/no trades and got...

7) CB Gonzalez

38) DT Mazi Smith

70) LB Simpson

100) CB Jaylon Johnson

If we got DL Brooks that late (your draft) I'd be sooo happy. Guards late are also needed.

I'm good with double dipping especially on Defense. TE would be great in the 3rd but I wasn't taking TE Kraft over LB Simpson. Was tempted and would have taken TE Washington over Simpson hoping to have an Eric Green type of mismatch. 

• Like 1

F'n crushed it, imo. A+. 

Particularly appreciate the OG double dip. We need at least 1 of them to round into a starter, but need to account for the fact someone will almost inevitably miss time. Even if we nab a solid starter at OG, if he or Parham went down for any length of time, it'd be one step forward, two steps back by putting a lesser player back in the lineup. 

Eye on continual improvement. I like it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

9/10 - My only gripe is that I’d prefer Jack Campbell to Simpson at 38. Other than that, I like what you did here and would be excited about that haul. 

I actually like Campbell as a personal preference. I went Simpson as my gut felt he might be high on the Raiders board.

• Like 1

At 19 I would go with Porter if he is still on the board but a 1st round CB or edge rusher should be the pick especially with a trade back.

I don't mind Simpson at 38 but if an edge rusher like D Hall is still on the board I would take him at 38.  I feel like LB value can be had later on.

Pick 50 if we go CB/Edge with the first two picks it appears there should be good value a RT.  

Dexter and Battle look like good value where you selected them but beyond that I don't know much about any of the players. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

At 19 I would go with Porter if he is still on the board but a 1st round CB or edge rusher should be the pick especially with a trade back.

I don't mind Simpson at 38 but if an edge rusher like D Hall is still on the board I would take him at 38.  I feel like LB value can be had later on.

Pick 50 if we go CB/Edge with the first two picks it appears there should be good value a RT.  

Dexter and Battle look like good value where you selected them but beyond that I don't know much about any of the players. 

I understand LB, just felt like we need to finally step up and take a LB early, we always slacking in that department, I felt Guard is more important than RT this year, Elu just needs to cut down penalties Munford showed promise and the other guy we re-signed who was hurt last year tho I'm skeptical. I like Hall and Tuli pretty closely I would have taken Hall at 50 I used a simulator for this mock and he's usually there till about 60 but he was nabbed about 45 in this mock so I went Tuli. Lastly check out Clayton Tune if you haven't already.

Edited by raidr4life

On 4/22/2023 at 8:10 PM, raidr4life said:

Without further adieu

LV received pick 127

Really like the Tuipolotu, Kuntz picks. Brooks is an interesting one as is Fehoko who I’ve been looking into. Not sure about Banks though, seems a bit rich for me but I could be wrong! I’d probably go with Porter or Ringo there but can see why you went with him 🙂

• Like 1