2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Doubt it

I loved him at first, but think he's a big overrated here. Especially if there's medical risk associated there. He might not have a very clean availability profile in the NFL.

What's the medical on him?

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Doubt it

I loved him at first, but think he's a bit overrated here. Especially if there's medical risk associated there. He might not have a very clean availability profile in the NFL.

What is the medical red flag you mentioned? I haven't heard about that.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Doubt it

I loved him at first, but think he's a bit overrated here. Especially if there's medical risk associated there. He might not have a very clean availability profile in the NFL.

It's pretty clear that NFL draftniks love Washington a lot more than NFL GM's (or scouts) do.

I expect him to be available at 45.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

What do you all think about Dawan Jones? I'm hoping for a O-Lineman with some T ability. He certainly is big enough, and comes from a good program.

I think he's going to be a project.  Isn't real active, but is as big as a house.  I think our Caleb Jones project is going to suffice as a project.  Never say never but he probably doesn't have the movement you want.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

TE: Musgrave, LaPorta, Mayer, Washington

WR: Hyatt, Mingo, Tillman

T: Bergeron

IOL: Avila, Tippman, Mauch, Torrence, Schmitz

DT: Benton

EDGE: Ojulari, Hall, Foskey, AA 

S: Branch, Brown

CB: Porter Jr., DJ Turner

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of guys but there are so many options available to us. I hope Hooker and Levis are gone before we pick because I think Gute might pull the trigger. 

7 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I think he's going to be a project.  Isn't real active, but is as big as a house.  I think our Caleb Jones project is going to suffice as a project.  Never say never but he probably doesn't have the movement you want.

There is also Telfort at like round 6 and 7 that is basically the same as Jones if you want another project at OT.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

What do you all think about Dawan Jones? I'm hoping for a O-Lineman with some T ability. He certainly is big enough, and comes from a good program.

I like him, and I think that he fits as a RT very well.  Another one of those guys that I think you just put him at RT and forget about the position for like 8 years.  I personally think that we are set for LT between at least one more season of Bakhtiari (he has 2 more seasons under contract) and Zach Tom.  And if you are dead set on saving some money by cutting Bakhtiari next season, you could even re-sign Yosh.  I think Dawan would be better at RT than Yosh, Walker, Newman, or Caleb Jones, who are currently on the roster.

20 minutes ago, R T said:

There are teams that question if he even wants to play football anymore. He refused to be weighed at his pro day and teams believe he is well over 400 pounds now. Guys like that are not worth spending day 2 draft capital on, yet someone probably will. Just hope it's not the Packers.  

Had not heard that until right now...

18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

FqeixWDWIAEAnSJ?format=jpg&name=large

he's like literally the largest player to enter the NFL at his position.  Extremely large arms and frame - those are things that almost no players has encountered at the NFL level.

He's a unique unique player it's just not in the form of athleticism with his feet.

His "sphere of influence" is so large due to his frame that I don't think he needs foot athleticism.  Guy has a larger frame than orlando pace.

I know he's a "bad" athlete, but he's such a unique athlete that I think he could be a really uniquely effective player.

• Like 1