17 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with it?

• Pop Pop, 100%
    • Happy with it
    • Eh
    • Months for this?
    • Send Howie back to the closet

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Samson Ebukam had 17 sacks last season ???

NFL Comparison
Samson Ebukam

We stanning Lance Zierlein or what? Pretty clearly he was talking about Reddick who many people including Daniel Jeremiah think is a good comparison for Smith.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So because you don't agree with someone they are not an expert ??

Once again, I don't hate the pick, but he has some flaws, and he is not going to have the same movement if he adds any bulk.

No when multiple experts have the same NFL comp "Hassan Reddick ", that's the logic or advice I tend to follow. 

No one is saying Smith is perfect, has no flaws. If Reddick can get bigger and stronger since his rookie 2017 season but keep his speed movement ect,  why couldn't Smith potentially follow suit?

3 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

oh no, he hasn't played a snap yet and we are already with the "but he gets pressures though". 

It’s going to be a conundrum for Georgia players for the foreseeable future. What’s them and what’s the scheme? By all accounts the philosophy they have takes a sizeable chunk out of production. Both because they are focused on stopping college offenses and because of being rotated the way they are.

it’s not to say it won’t be the case in the NFL, just it’s hard to just go one to one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It’s going to be a conundrum for Georgia players for the foreseeable future. What’s them and what’s the scheme? By all accounts the philosophy they have takes a sizeable chunk out of production. Both because they are focused on stopping college offenses and because of being rotated the way they are.

it’s not to say it won’t be the case in the NFL, just it’s hard to just go one to one.

Georgia's defensive philosophy as far as rotating guys is more recruiting related, imo. They gotta rotate guys, because if they don't rotate these 4 and 5 star recruits in as freshman and sophs, they will go into the xfer portal. Georgia has nailed down recruiting quality defensive players, and giving them enough playing time in their non Junior/Senior seasons to keep them happy enough to not want to go be a "star" somewhere else, kinda like what Bama was doing with WR's and RB's.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Georgia's defensive philosophy as far as rotating guys is more recruiting related, imo. They gotta rotate guys, because if they don't rotate these 4 and 5 star recruits in as freshman and sophs, they will go into the xfer portal. Georgia has nailed down recruiting quality defensive players, and giving them enough playing time in their non Junior/Senior seasons to keep them happy enough to not want to go be a "star" somewhere else, kinda like what Bama was doing with WR's and RB's.

Yeah and it makes sense to keep the pipeline going, instead of relying on the transfer portal like some others.

6 hours ago, downundermike said:

Easy to get pressure when you play on the best defense in college football surrounded by future NFL starters.

Actually I’d argue Georgia’s defense doesn’t unleash their EDGEs enough and was probably more detrimental to his pass rush production. Georgia’s defense is well known for being big on reading the run first.

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

So because you don't agree with someone they are not an expert ??

Once again, I don't hate the pick, but he has some flaws, and he is not going to have the same movement if he adds any bulk.

Lance is definitely an expert. He’s been doing the draft profiles for NFL.com for years now since he took over that job from another Nolan. His dad was an OL coach. I respect his opinion, but doesn’t mean I have to agree with it.

Reddick was up to 247 lbs when camp started and was 237 LBs when he came out. I think Nolan can put on weight to get to that same mid to high 240 range. He already has more power in his frame than you would expect despite his lower weight.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy