1. 1. Happy with it?

• Pop Pop, 100%
    • Happy with it
    • Eh
    • Months for this?
    • Send Howie back to the closet

30 minutes ago, downundermike said:

His comp for Smith is Dante Fowler Jr.

Not sure I see that, but comps are probably one of the worst parts of draft season like i could understand why we do it, but fans get carried away with thinking a prospect is gonna be the guy they were comped to. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not sure I see that, but comps are probably one of the worst parts of draft season like i could understand why we do it, but fans get carried away with thinking a prospect is gonna be the guy they were comped to. 

Some people’s comps are so weird too.

like you’ll have Jalen Carter, a potential perennial All-Pro be comp to some glorified JAG.

It’s largely a waste of time, but I think I’d probably do a high/mid comp. Like If he hits, this is the type of guy he’ll be for your team. And if he’s just sorta average what’s it like?

The Eagles have such a good GM and player personnel guys, Nolan Smith has the perfect guy to learn from in Reddick who is very similar to him.  And if Dean does not workout at ILB Nolan Smith is smart enough to play there as well, great pickup like usual.  

38 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I still feel like I'm dreaming. Can't believe the league let us get him at 30.

Great stuff. Every time I see all this Jalen Carter stuff I still can't believe we actually got him. The guy that POPPED a year ago off the Jordan Davis and Nakobe Dean film I was watching.

• Like 1

Why would team be trying to trade up with the Eagles to take Smith, rather then Will Levis? Knowing most likely Nolan was the Eagles target the entire time? Makes no sense. 

Teams probably were trying to get in front of pick #30 putting the Eagles OTC.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice video but question? Was he talking to Desai or did he mistake Lurie for Sean? Nolan calls Lurie coach several times early on the phone. I'm curious if the whole send me the playback stuff was actually conversation with Sean?

• 5 months later...

I know we like to bump threads to give props or pat ourselves in the back about a player, but I think this is important too. 

I'm getting concerned about Nolan's future at Edge, he only played 5 snaps yesterday and recorded 0 stats, got repeatedly owned against the Cowboys, has looked bad every time he's had to drop in coverage, he's not helping giving Sweat/Reddick a breather. 

I'm not dunking on anyone as you can see on this thread I really liked the pick, but the guy looks tiny and out of place near the line, it is safe to say we won't get any significant contribution from him this year, but I hope he shows something or at least off the ball, to have him be an important piece of this defense going forward.  

• Like 1