🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

starting?  it’s been a massive concern since the draft process.  

i just a don’t trust drafting DEs who:

1. have very poor get offs

2. can’t consistently beat OTs to their outside shoulder with speed; run the arc and can bend in doing so.

the reason i think those two criteria are vital to a DEs success is because that’s how the vast majority of “quality” sacks come from.  when i say “quality sacks” i’m talking about sacks that are quick, not ones where after 5 seconds and the DE on the other side of the line getting pressure that drives the QB nearly into the DEs in question’s arms.  the ball gets out of the QBs hand so fast in the NFL that in order to be a quality DE worthy of a 1st round pick you absolutely have to have the ability to win with pure speed.

Plus, if you can’t bend the edge and win with speed it significantly limits the ability for other moves to work.  You gotta force OTs to first have to worry about the outside and the speed rush.  

Wilson fails miserably at both at the moment but does have the potential to improve and be worth #7 if he continues to work hard and because of his physical traits.

Yes starting. I was willing to give him time.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Seriously he can actually have an impact rushing inside rn. Very long, power, can potentially break up passes with his arm length. Idk why it took this long to try this. 

No one in the Raiders organization knows how to evaluate game tape or really coach for that matter.  If our coaches knew how to coach, Tyree Wilson would have developed a pass rush move by now.  Either that or we would have figured out that he has a learning disability by now.  No way this guy can play through 13 games and all he knows how to do is run forward with his arms extended forward without there being some type of issue that we don't know about.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Seriously he can actually have an impact rushing inside rn. Very long, power, can potentially break up passes with his arm length. Idk why it took this long to try this. 

Since draft day I’ve been saying kick him to 3t it’s his best chance sheesh finally they really try it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That's what happens when you have genius coaches such as Antonio Pierce and Patrick Graham

• Like 1

Wilson had his best game as a Pro vs the Vikings. 1st time with extended looks at DT. I don’t think he should be a full time DT.

On pass downs, playing him inside would give us the NASCAR package. I’d like to draft or sign an elite DT. Even Fletcher Cox, who the Eagles probably will let walk would help a lot

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 11:00 AM, bucksavage1 said:

Wilson had his best game as a Pro vs the Vikings. 1st time with extended looks at DT. I don’t think he should be a full time DT.

On pass downs, playing him inside would give us the NASCAR package. I’d like to draft or sign an elite DT. Even Fletcher Cox, who the Eagles probably will let walk would help a lot

Love how in the 4th on goaline Wilson tried to come out the game and pierce told him to nut tf up and he made a tackle the next play

• Like 1