5.149 - Sean Clifford [QB; Penn State]

CWood21

On 5/2/2023 at 8:18 PM, persiandud said:

okay, agree to disagree. he is a better prospect than Clifford imo 

Not really. They're both equally awful. Clifford probably got the edge being a smarter QB playing tougher defenses on a weekly basis than Duggan while being a 4 year starter and not a pop-up guy. It's not really worth arguing about but on no planet was Duggan a better prospect.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Norm said:

This is nothing like that. 

Man you are really on a anti Clifford tirade.  Maybe your right.  Dunno.  MLF likes him.  They like his intelligence and athletic ability.  We'll see.  Let Clements work with him.  I don't care what they did in college only what they become in the pros.  Kid doesn't have to have an elite arm to be an effective QB.  We'll see.  For the record I'm perfectly fine with Etling we'll see if he can beat him out.  Packers Vikings on NFL network.  Getting our butts kicked at the moment.  In the early 3rd. 

17 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Man you are really on a anti Clifford tirade.  Maybe your right.  Dunno.  MLF likes him.  They like his intelligence and athletic ability.  We'll see.  Let Clements work with him.  I don't care what they did in college only what they become in the pros.  Kid doesn't have to have an elite arm to be an effective QB.  We'll see.  For the record I'm perfectly fine with Etling we'll see if he can beat him out.  Packers Vikings on NFL network.  Getting our butts kicked at the moment.  In the early 3rd. 

I kinda like Etling but I don't want him to ever play either.

I just really really think this guy is terrible.

I rarely have extreme opinions, it's only a late pick, but this is one of them. Maybe he'll read this forum and it'll motivate him and he'll quote me in his HOF acceptance speech lol

Edited by Norm

31 minutes ago, Norm said:

I kinda like Etling but I don't want him to ever play either.

I just really really think this guy is terrible.

I rarely have extreme opinions, it's only a late pick, but this is one of them. Maybe he'll read this forum and it'll motivate him and he'll quote me in his HOF acceptance speech lol

Don't want any of our back ups to play.  At this point I'd rather role with Etling.  He has a year in the system doubt Clifford will beat him out.  Don't know why they are showing this absolute disaster of a game on NFL network.  Getting killed and Favre is a pick machine.  Just ugly.  

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Don't want any of our back ups to play.  At this point I'd rather role with Etling.  He has a year in the system doubt Clifford will beat him out.  Don't know why they are showing this absolute disaster of a game on NFL network.  Getting killed and Favre is a pick machine.  Just ugly.  

Oh geez just looked up what it was. Sitting in a bar in Vikings country. Ain't turning that on, Moss ****s all over us I think.

Edit: 5 recs for 190 and 2 TDs. My lord. 

Edited by Norm

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Oh geez just looked up what it was. Sitting in a bar in Vikings country. Ain't turning that on, Moss ****s all over us I think.

Edit: 5 recs for 190 and 2 TDs. My lord. 

Why the hell are they showing this game?  Usually when they show old games they are competitive.  Don't remember this one. Pretty easy to forget.  Poor fans sitting in the rain watching a debacle.  OK I'm done can't endure anymore pain. 

31 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Why the hell are they showing this game?  Usually when they show old games they are competitive.  Don't remember this one. Pretty easy to forget.  Poor fans sitting in the rain watching a debacle.  OK I'm done can't endure anymore pain. 

Yeah it's a weird one. Can't say I know why. But yeah agreed. There doesn't seem to be a reason.

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Not really. They're both equally awful. Clifford probably got the edge being a smarter QB playing tougher defenses on a weekly basis than Duggan while being a 4 year starter and not a pop-up guy. It's not really worth arguing about but on no planet was Duggan a better prospect.

agree to disagree

5 minutes ago, persiandud said:

could ask the very same for Clifford

I didn't ask that. I asked about Duggan. You tell me why he was draftable and so significantly better than Clifford since you brought it up. Trust me, I'm far from a Clifford supporter. You just need to do your legwork.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

I didn't ask that. I asked about Duggan. You tell me why he was draftable and so significantly better than Clifford since you brought it up. Trust me, I'm far from a Clifford supporter. You just need to do your legwork.

i never said significantly better, my guy. 

i don't know what you mean by legwork, i'm not going to convince you. my eye test told me Clifford was awful and Duggan was a little better/had some upside i wouldn't mind drafting in the 6th/7th as a developmental QB. we can disagree, it's fine 

6 minutes ago, persiandud said:

i never said significantly better, my guy. 

i don't know what you mean by legwork, i'm not going to convince you. my eye test told me Clifford was awful and Duggan was a little better/had some upside i wouldn't mind drafting in the 6th/7th as a developmental QB. we can disagree, it's fine 

But you never indicated any of that legwork. You just made statements.