5.149 - Sean Clifford [QB; Penn State]

CWood21

3 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

So the new prerequisite is we only draft those who are fans of the Packers?...."Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer"....

IDGAF if he was/is a Bears fan. I care that he sucks at football.

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Man you dudes are brutal.   Heady and a gamer.  We'll see what he becomes.  Cliffnotes might just surprise. 

This is like 60% tongue in cheek. But he still sucks. I do agree with the "gamer" type stuff though.

4 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

It's only a fifth-round risk....We would still be stuck with Rodgers if the Jets first round QB hadn't sucked....

Okay.

IDK what else to say. I think he sucks. So do most people.

5 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Office Ryan GIF - Office Ryan Notebook - Discover & Share GIFs

Just for context, this was after we iced their season with that Randall Cobb dagger to take the North and get into the playoffs. The division was so weak, 12 went down with injury, we lost a bunch of games and still took it. Unfortunately we lost 20-23 in a subzero WC game at Lambeau. Was still a successful season considering the injuries and the final games vs. the Bears. 

This was a VERY strange pick for GB. Love still has not shown a thing on the field so I guess they figured they would grab him instead of fighting for him in UDFA. I hope Love comes out doing great off the bat or GB could be in for a long drought. I saw a stat that showed for GB to hit another QB for the the next 15 years is very RARE. Good luck with Love and hope he does well for ya but I have my doubts. I don't understand the kicker pick either when you have Crosby. 

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

This was a VERY strange pick for GB. Love still has not shown a thing on the field so I guess they figured they would grab him instead of fighting for him in UDFA. I hope Love comes out doing great off the bat or GB could be in for a long drought. I saw a stat that showed for GB to hit another QB for the the next 15 years is very RARE. Good luck with Love and hope he does well for ya but I have my doubts. I don't understand the kicker pick either when you have Crosby. 

this dude whined and cried that there's no way we would pick swap then after we did and probably got a first next year said "first round picks don't matter, look how often they work out"

then he came into our forum to talk about a 5th round pick.

ffs, just leave and don't come back.

• Like 1

There might be a few things you don’t understand including the Packers “having Crosby”.  Let’s all just enjoy the promise of a new season and let eachother’s fan base worry about late round picks and stats that project 15 years into the future. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I wonder if they didn't deliberately select a bad quarterback who no one likes in order to be Love's backup just so that people aren't clamoring for the backup to play in case Love has a bad game.

Good Mythical Morning Agree GIF by Rhett and Link

• Like 2

Sean Clifford seems to be universally hated, but he's got some intangibles for sure.  He's a plus 9 RAS guy, he was a four year starter at a top program, Will Levis couldn't beat him out, he was team captain forever.  Some of these guys with moxy seem to surprise at the pro level.  I guess we shall see how this plays out.  In round five and beyond you're just hoping to get a guy that can develop into a solid backup.