5.149 - Sean Clifford [QB; Penn State]

CWood21

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I know why he was drafted. He was drafted to help Love with game prep and know the gameplan in case of injury. He's still a ******* scrub and a half. 

Yeah and using a top 150 pick on some mentor type is uh...a choice

Whatever though. Been good vibes with this draft for the most part

watched a few highlight reels and his game vs Michigan. The first QB that popped in my head in the real version of Baker Mayfield.

His arm actually looks pretty decent to me. He has some really, really nice deep passes on his resume. Having a running option at back-up QB is a bonus as well. Elite COD skills at position, a legitimate threat running the ball. Definitely trusts his arm over the middle. I don't know much about Penn St football, but that system looks kinda gross. Saw a LOT of blanketed WRs on every clip. He dropped in a few nice balls, but is careless too often. Badly needs to work on calming his *** in the pocket and setting his feet. Saw a couple instances where he DOES do that, but as a grandpa prospect you'd hope he'd have that figured out already.

Give him some time w/ Clements and he could be a decent back-up actually, I think. His arm tools seem undersold in this thread and his legs are a plus. Encouraging to hear he's a big brain pick as well. But reading he's a big brain, yet still struggles in the pocket makes me question his processing speed. But, again, could be system issues that held him back somewhat, too. He did beat out Levis, afterall...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Yeah and using a top 150 pick on some mentor type is uh...a choice

Whatever though. Been good vibes with this draft for the most part

And I think that’s the issue… teams are going to have preferences at QB. It’s a weird position.

it’s about value… most feel he could be had in the 7th with one of the 4 picks they have.

I guess GB worried he wouldn’t make it out of the 5th.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

watched a few highlight reels and his game vs Michigan. The first QB that popped in my head in the real version of Baker Mayfield.

His arm actually looks pretty decent to me. He has some really, really nice deep passes on his resume. Having a running option at back-up QB is a bonus as well. Elite COD skills at position, a legitimate threat running the ball. Definitely trusts his arm over the middle. I don't know much about Penn St football, but that system looks kinda gross. Saw a LOT of blanketed WRs on every clip. He dropped in a few nice balls, but is careless too often. Badly needs to work on calming his *** in the pocket and setting his feet. Saw a couple instances where he DOES do that, but as a grandpa prospect you'd hope he'd have that figured out already.

Give him some time w/ Clements and he could be a decent back-up actually, I think. His arm tools seem undersold in this thread and his legs are a plus. Encouraging to hear he's a big brain pick as well. But reading he's a big brain, yet still struggles in the pocket makes me question his processing speed. But, again, could be system issues that held him back somewhat, too. He did beat out Levis, afterall...

Which isn’t surprising Levi’s is the traits guy with less than ideal football smarts.

If Clifford is big brain, he would impress more

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You’ve got to admit that this is a ridiculous take. Are you guys so flush with talent that you are using 5th rounders on mentors? Not to mention, HE’S the young professional in this case. 

Just now, malak1 said:

You’ve got to admit that this is a ridiculous take. Are you guys so flush with talent that you are using 5th rounders on mentors? Not to mention, HE’S the young professional in this case. 

I don't know about mentoring Love, but when I hear Big Brain, I think of someone who can pick up the offense really quick.

• Like 1