5.149 - Sean Clifford [QB; Penn State]

CWood21

3 hours ago, malak1 said:

You’ve got to admit that this is a ridiculous take. Are you guys so flush with talent that you are using 5th rounders on mentors? Not to mention, HE’S the young professional in this case. 

Anyone who says a team drafts a 5th round rookie to mentor a 1st round 4th year pro probably needs to go away and rethink the way they view life.

This big brain thing - that's probably quite handy for a career backup. They aren't getting game-time reps so when they are thrown into a game they have to figure it out pretty quickly on the job so being smart is going to help. As is being able to run.

still probably not winning any games.  Going to be nice for the cap if he can back-up for 4 years without needing a veteran. As long as he doesn't have to play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I don't get too bent out of shape over a 5th or 6th round pick.

I liked the first one better!

And we HAVE to take it seriously and get bent out of shape because if my interest and opinion weren’t metaphysically essential to the outcome my wife wouldn’t let me camp in the basement for three days

• Like 2