5.149 - Sean Clifford [QB; Penn State]

CWood21

24 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Final years in college.

Matt Flynn: 202-359, 56.3% completion percentage, 2407 passing yards, 6.7 YPA, 21 passing TD, 11 INT
Sean Clifford: 226-351, 64.4% completion percentage, 2822 passing yards, 8.0 YPA, 24 passing TD, 7 INT

Clifford was statistically better than Flynn was in his final year.

Fair, although he was probably in the same tier given how efficiency stats seem to have risen across college football in the intervening years. I guess I was equating Flynn’s team success with more personal success than he had. I also forgot how nuts Clifford went to end the season.

4 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Your point may be accurate but Idk if the Justin Feilds example is a great one, as he sucks as an NFL QB

I do not watch any Chicago Bears football, but my gut tells me that Justin Fields is really good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Norm hates Rodgers (Probably Love too) and is a Bears fan. 

Seriously though, Fields is not good. 

No O-line or weapons last year.  He's got a much improved supporting cast.  Think he'll be better how much dunno.  BTW Chicago Bears is what a real rebuild looks like.  

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

25th in passer rating 

33rd (lol) in Y/G

33rd (lol) in ANY/A

32nd in INT%

31st in Completion %

+++

Boys, Justin Field sucks.

Didn't think he was that bad watching him.  But I like it.  Let's hope he continues the suckage.  Shifty little bastard back there tho.  He'll be better in Year 2.  Dude was running for his life last year.  

6 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Didn't think he was that bad watching him.  But I like it.  Let's hope he continues the suckage.  Shifty little bastard back there tho.  He'll be better in Year 2.  Dude was running for his life last year.  

Justin Fields was so bad last year and the Bears have been so irrelevant that people assume he was a rookie last year. 

He wasn't. He's going into his 3rd year. 

In his 25 starts, the Bears are 5-20.

In the 9 games he didn't start, they're 4-5. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Justin Fields was so bad last year and the Bears have been so irrelevant that people assume he was a rookie last year. 

Wait, you realize I was joking about this and doing a comparison to how people think Clifford might not be terrible just because they've never seen him play and we drafted him right?

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

God I hate you.

I wasn't buying into the whole "Justin Fields sucks" stuff.

Then you go and post facts like that...and...and....I'm wrong.  

I don't even care about his passing stats or rushing stats.  Wins are what counts.  5-20 when he plays.  4-5 when he doesn't.  That is the most telling stat.

On 5/12/2023 at 6:00 AM, Scoremore said:

No O-line or weapons last year.  He's got a much improved supporting cast.  Think he'll be better how much dunno.  BTW Chicago Bears is what a real rebuild looks like.  

Oh that should fix everything. I guess the strong success  record of bears and OSU quarterbacks should be taken into account too. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Oh that should fix everything. I guess the strong success  record of bears and OSU quarterbacks should be taken into account too. 

Justin lancia la palla nello stesso modo in cui una vecchia lancia un pesce morto.