2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

On 1/1/2018 at 10:44 PM, howru8888 said:

For me a perfect scenario would be signing Landry and drafting Courtland Sutton

I like Landry's talent a lot, but he is nuts. I think he gets overpaid FAR more than he is worth.

4 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Both Rosen and Darnold declared for the Draft.  Do they pull an Eli and refuse to play for the browns?  Should the browns even consider these two with their remarks and go after a veteran QB like Alex Smith?  Either way we could be looking at 4 QB's in the top 10 which goes  well for the bears needs. 

IF I'm CLE I take one, Rosen especially. You can keep skipping the role and botched the trade in spectacular fashion. At some point you need to address the issue and quit with the "next year's class is so much better" mantra.

That being said I think this is really helping us with a potential tradeback.

Eli still got drafted by San Diego at 1but was traded. IMO Cleveland can not walk away from the #1 pick without their QB. No one else in this draft is head and shoulders above the rest.

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

How many QBs go before we pick at 8? Rosen and Darnold, I would think, are the locks.

Rudolph a top 10 guy? Ehhh

Lamar Jackson didn't declare... yet

I am really hoping DEN goes and gets Cousins in FA. Take one need away from them, and they have plenty of cap to afford him.

CLE, NYG, DEN, and NYJ all need QBs.

My dream would be for BUF to release Taylor, Jets sign him. Then DEN offers stupid money to Cousins and WAS balks and lets him go.

Then we are looking at CLE and NYG getting their guys, and we have Rudold, Mayfield, and possibly Jackson all ready to be looked at.

AZ needs a QB and will have a new HC who won't want Gabbart to be who he is tied to, BUF tried to get away from Taylor and he was an abortion, MIN can cut Tannehill for only $4.6 mil dead cap, CIN might be looking to replace Dalton (who can be cut for $2.4 mil, WAS might lose Cousins to FA, Rivers put up a solid year, but is old and needs to have a replacement groomed, BUF might want to replace Taylor.

Potential first round picks to trade back and get (plus other picks of course)-

MIA - 11

CIN - 12

WAS - 13

AZ - 15

LAC - 17

BUF - 21 and 25ish

Right now we are in a hell of a spot to trade back.

23 minutes ago, G08 said:

How many QBs go before we pick at 8? Rosen and Darnold, I would think, are the locks.

Cousins and A.J McCarron (if he wins his UFA appeal) as well as the Minny QB situation plays a lot into this...that said I think at least 3 go before #8...Rosen & Darnold...then Rudolph who I feel is the best QB in the draft but will get hit with the "system QB" tag or Allen who some coach will think he can turn into an out and out superstar...which I don't see happenong.

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I am really hoping DEN goes and gets Cousins in FA. Take one need away from them, and they have plenty of cap to afford him.

CLE, NYG, DEN, and NYJ all need QBs.

My dream would be for BUF to release Taylor, Jets sign him. Then DEN offers stupid money to Cousins and WAS balks and lets him go.

Then we are looking at CLE and NYG getting their guys, and we have Rudold, Mayfield, and possibly Jackson all ready to be looked at.

AZ needs a QB and will have a new HC who won't want Gabbart to be who he is tied to, BUF tried to get away from Taylor and he was an abortion, MIN can cut Tannehill for only $4.6 mil dead cap, CIN might be looking to replace Dalton (who can be cut for $2.4 mil, WAS might lose Cousins to FA, Rivers put up a solid year, but is old and needs to have a replacement groomed, BUF might want to replace Taylor.

Potential first round picks to trade back and get (plus other picks of course)-

MIA - 11

CIN - 12

WAS - 13

AZ - 15

LAC - 17

BUF - 21 and 25ish

Right now we are in a hell of a spot to trade back.

My hope is a team like the Chargers fall in love with Allen and think they can sit him a year or two behind Rivers and he will be a star...would love to get that haul of draft picks.

29 minutes ago, G08 said:

Darnold and Rosen go 1 2 weather its the browns at one remains to be seen.  Jets will take a QB.  Denver is 50/50 on QB its all going to be whether they sign a FA.  I think the colts can't be ruled out for taking a QB either.  Luck is having experimental surgery in Europe and he might come back and be Chad Pennington.  They could very well know that Luck is ruined and they go QB and stock everyone. 

I am going with 4 QBs rosen, darnold, Mayfield, Allen  

27 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

My hope is a team like the Chargers fall in love with Allen and think they can sit him a year or two behind Rivers and he will be a star...would love to get that haul of draft picks.

Yep, I agree completely.

I'm putting a mock together right now and thinking fo trading back to 15 with AZ or 17 with the LAC. What would you personally want for that tradeback?

Edited by Sugashane

11 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Yep, I agree completely.

I'm putting a mock together right now and thinking fo trading back to 15 with AZ or 17 with the LAC. What would you personally want for that tradeback?

To move back to that range I would want their 1st, 2nd & 3rd...or their 1st, 3rd & next years 1st.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

To move back to that range I would want their 1st, 2nd & 3rd...or their 1st, 3rd & next years 1st.

Good, I kind of used you to see if I was being stupid with my trade. lol

I took the 1st, 2nd, and next years 1st, and gave them our 1st and a 4th.

19 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Good, I kind of used you to see if I was being stupid with my trade. lol

I took the 1st, 2nd, and next years 1st, and gave them our 1st and a 4th.

I think that would work well for both as well.

53 minutes ago, G08 said:

So, really, we are in a win-win spot. Either a handful of QBs go before our pick at 8, or we can sell our pick to the highest bidder.

two players I don't trade back for if they are there at 8 unless they are offering RG3 trade.  Chubb and Fitzpatrick either one of those players are there we should draft an elite player over acquiring more picks. 

Edited by Rogerthat

Just now, Rogerthat said:

two players I don't trade back for if they are there at 8 unless they are offering RG3 trade.  Chubb and Fitzpatrick either one of those players are there we should draft an elite player over acquiring more picks. 

Fizpatrick over Ferrell?