2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I think Sitton might be in trouble with the amount of zone running and screens the Bears are going to be doing.

Agreed. This is a youth movement, man. Sitton isn't long for this roster, IMO.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

Agreed. This is a youth movement, man. Sitton isn't long for this roster, IMO.

Yep it reminds me of the power OL we let go who is on the Chargers now ( I can't remember his name but he was a surprise cut).

3 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Yep it reminds me of the power OL we let go who is on the Chargers now ( I can't remember his name but he was a surprise cut).

Slauson.  I remember so many people were up in arms when he got cut loose but he was really just an average player.

Sitton is decent (used to be very good) but I wouldn't lose any sleep if they decided to replace him with a younger and more athletic player.

Edited by topwop1

12 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Slauson.  I remember so many people were up in arms when he got cut loose but he was really just an average player.

Sitton is decent (used to be very good) but I wouldn't lose any sleep if they decided to replace him with a younger and more athletic player.

His cap number has him in as much trouble as anything...that money will need to be used on speed for this offence.

2 hours ago, howru8888 said:

Based on the hiring of Nagy and Helfrich a guy I want the Bears to target in round 6 or 7 as a 3rd string/development/practice squad QB is Quinton Flowers from USF.

Oh my I love this idea. He looked great at the college level, would be a good backup.

2 hours ago, howru8888 said:

Based on the hiring of Nagy and Helfrich a guy I want the Bears to target in round 6 or 7 as a 3rd string/development/practice squad QB is Quinton Flowers from USF.

You don't think he'll be drafted much higher than that? 

6 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Leno, yes.  Sitton and Massie, no.

I bet the Bears target the ND guard to replace Sitton.

For a team as bereft in playmakers as ours an interior OL in the top 10 is so uninteresting to me. Especially since we are hopefully not picking in the top 10 again for a long time.

Guard isn’t tackle. It’s the easiest OL position to fill with quality outside the first round, and maybe the easiest position on the field outside of K/P to do so. Looking at the top 20 paid guards in the league in terms of AAV as of today, so presumably the best of the best, do you know how many were 1st round picks? FOUR (Ziegler, DeCastro, Long & Iupati). 20%. The vast majority came from rounds 2-3. A guard in the top 10 might be a great player, but it seems like a gross misuse of the valuable asset that is a top 10 draft slot. 

4 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

You don't think he'll be drafted much higher than that? 

Just from looking at various draft projections they have him anywhere from 6th round to undrafted. I'd rather draft and not have to win a negotiating battle