2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

5 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

Lamar Jackson is a top 10 pick.  mark it down. 

I disagree. I think he falls into that category of great college QB whose game doesn’t translate well to the NFL. First off, QBs like Jackson have shorter shelf lives due to the amount of hits they take. First round QBs and top 10 selections define a regime, and most GMs and coaches are reluctant to go outside the box at that point in the draft, especially with good alternatives at the same position. Jackson is not the passer RGIII was coming out, he’s far smaller than Cam, and he’s not the same level transcendent athlete Vick was. This class has 4 other first round level QB prospects far better fitting the NFL mold (Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield) and another potential 1st round prospect in that mold (Rudolph). I think Jackson is highly unlikely to be drafted before any of them outside of maybe Rudolph, and that may chance if Rudolph looks good at the Senior Bowl. 

15 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

he’s not the same level transcendent athlete Vick was.

He is the same level of athlete Vick was and he's bigger than vick. 

I don't buy the too small logic after watching Tarik Cohen play 16 games and Jackson is a lot bigger and a lot more Rocked out than he was when he was a sophomore  

plus he ran for 260 and 232 in college with no injuries.

13 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Not to discount this but NFL bodies are a lot bigger and the hits are a lot harder

so your discounting it.  its not he played in division II there are big boys in college too and that is RB level carries.  He probably will be at 100 carries in the pros

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:

He is the same level of athlete Vick was and he's bigger than vick. 

I don't buy the too small logic after watching Tarik Cohen play 16 games and Jackson is a lot bigger and a lot more Rocked out than he was when he was a sophomore  

plus he ran for 260 and 232 in college with no injuries.

I highly doubt we see Jackson run a 4.33 40 or show the ability to throw the ball 80 yards. Durability is always a big concern with running QBs. Vick played 16 games one time. Kaepernick twice. Mariota hasn’t yet. Neither has Tyrod Taylor. RGIII never did. Cam is the exception but he’s also far bigger than the rest. There’s a reason QBs like that become less runner and more passer every year - survival. Jackson’s abilities with his legs far exceed those with his arm. 

Anyone who thinks there will b 4 qbs in the top 10, let alone 5 is absolutely fooling themselves.  Year after year its proven, 2 qbs in top 10 at most, 3 in the top 20, maybe a 4th in the late first. Rosen will go one.  Allen will probably go 5-10, Darnold 15-20, Jackson or Mayfield late first early 2nd.

16 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Anyone who thinks there will b 4 qbs in the top 10, let alone 5 is absolutely fooling themselves.  Year after year its proven, 2 qbs in top 10 at most, 3 in the top 20, maybe a 4th in the late first. Rosen will go one.  Allen will probably go 5-10, Darnold 15-20, Jackson or Mayfield late first early 2nd.

I’d be SHOCKED if Darnold isn’t a top 5 pick. Allen is the one with whom I have the most question. Accuracy issues. Lower competition. If he lays an egg at the Senior Bowl I could see him falling quite a bit. 

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’d be SHOCKED if Darnold isn’t a top 5 pick. Allen is the one with whom I have the most question. Accuracy issues. Lower competition. If he lays an egg at the Senior Bowl I could see him falling quite a bit. 

Darnold is the one of the big 3 im most down on.  Doesnt have the tools that Allen has and showed the exact same questions that Allen showed this year.  If you are going to take a guy with Accuracy issues and decision questions in the top 10 he better be supremely gifted.  Allen is, Darnold isnt.

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Darnold is the one of the big 3 im most down on.  Doesnt have the tools that Allen has and showed the exact same questions that Allen showed this year.  If you are going to take a guy with Accuracy issues and decision questions in the top 10 he better be supremely gifted.  Allen is, Darnold isnt.

Allen is fools gold IMO...some arrogant coach will think he can fix all the issues...personally I'd I want a 6-5" 230lbs QB with some movement skills and a huge arm I take Mason Rudolph.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Allen is fools gold IMO...some arrogant coach will think he can fix all the issues...personally I'd I want a 6-5" 230lbs QB with some movement skills and a huge arm I take Mason Rudolph.

Im not saying your wrong, im saying i see the same things on tape from Darnold that i see from Allen, so if im forced to choose between the 2, im taking the guy who can make throws that only 5 qbs or less can make.  It basically is this, would you rather have Jay Cutler or Matt Leinart?

10 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Im not saying your wrong, im saying i see the same things on tape from Darnold that i see from Allen, so if im forced to choose between the 2, im taking the guy who can make throws that only 5 qbs or less can make.  It basically is this, would you rather have Jay Cutler or Matt Leinart?

I don't disagree that physically Allen has more than Darnold but we both know that isn't the key to being an elite QB...which I'm not sure anyone in this class can be.

16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't disagree that physically Allen has more than Darnold but we both know that isn't the key to being an elite QB...which I'm not sure anyone in this class can be.

Yeah im not a fan of this qb class.  I want to see qbs play there best football before they declare and that isnt the case with any of these guys, except maybe Rosen, who i think is an Alex Smith type prospect.  Guys last year really looked good in their last years and everybody hated on that class

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Yeah im not a fan of this qb class.  I want to see qbs play there best football before they declare and that isnt the case with any of these guys, except maybe Rosen, who i think is an Alex Smith type prospect.  Guys last year really looked good in their last years and everybody hated on that class

I watch a lot of PAC 12 football and Rosen has never impressed me as a future NFL star. At all.