2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

Two guys I am laying claim to-

CB Darius Phillips - Adoree Jakson clone. 6 defensive TDs, 6 returns for TDs, and 2 receiving TDs.Guy is a legit ballhawk and playmaker, if Donatell stays he will deveop quickly to take the NB from Callahan and LeBlanc. Most QBs just quit throwing at him this year. I LOVE him as a NB and he is a much better kickoff returner than Cohen.

WR Keke Coutee - I was the one pointing out JJ Nelson and Jakeem Grant as explosive speedsters. My nomination for that this year is Coutee.Saw him last year while watching Mahomes. Has speed for days and great vision in the open field. Had a clear drop in QB talent and still stepped up considerably. Also averages over 30 yards per return on kickoffs.

55 minutes ago, Bearsfancro said:
Greg Gabriel @greggabe 39m39 minutes ago
I keep hearing that some Bears fans want the Bears to take a WR in the 1st. Would be a mistake. You can’t take a WR in top 10 unless he’s the final piece of the puzzle.

Pass rusher or OT
Trade down in 2nd  rd and then get  a WR

I wish someone told Pace this in 2015 >:(

46 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

what about Joshua Jackson at 9

He's one of those guys that I really need to see his combine to make a final determination... He's got the length and ball skills... but much depends on his agility, short area quickness, and long speed. 

He's more one of those guys that I'd hope for in the 2nd right now... though he likely doesn't make it there. Kind of like Christian Kirk he'll probably go sometime in the late 1st.

EDIT:

FWIW: I'd also significantly rather get one of:

Ridley-WR

McGliinchey-OT (probably RT)

Nelson-OG (Replace one of Long/Sitton now)

Maybe an OLB (Key is a possible depending on his background checks... Landry if he tests well could be in play, The Clemson edge guys are both potentials as well)

Vita Vea (because a Hicks/Vea/ Goldman front 3 would be a positively dirty setup to shut down running games)

Edited by Epyon

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m still convinced that we’ll go edge rusher in round 1. It’s the one big need position we can’t really fill in FA that’s a first round need IMO unless we add Ansah, and I have serious doubts to his ever hitting the market. 

I think it's one of the lines OL or DL. I'm interested in seeing what Calvin Ridley does in the bowl game this January. 

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I think Pace is going to try to move down and will be targeting to get a cb and offensive player

As long as there is a QB or passrusher available, there will likely be someone wanting to jump and get them. I imagine he will not take a meager return either. I hope you're right.

Of course Pace will keep everything annoyingly close to the chest.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

As long as there is a QB or passrusher available, there will likely be someone wanting to jump and get them. I imagine he will not take a meager return either. I hope you're right.

Of course Pace will keep everything annoyingly close to the chest.

This is of course subject to change if we re-sign Fuller and add another starter. I’m curious to see what shakes out in that first week of the league year when roster bonuses become due and after that first wave of FA when guys start to get released after their replacements are signed. Fangio (if back) has a long history of taking reclamation projects at DB and having them be successful for him. Not sure if that’s a nod to he or Donatell, but it’s noteworthy nonetheless.

I’m pretty disappointed with the lack of anything at all from Deiondre’ Hall. I always thought he had a lot of promise but he’s been hurt 2 years in a row and definitely fell out of favor with this staff. They buried him pretty quick. They brought in 2 new FA corners and moved him to safety, then added a FA safety and drafted another. Then added Chris Prosinski when he was finally healthy and started him over Hall. May as well just cut the guy. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

This is of course subject to change if we re-sign Fuller and add another starter. I’m curious to see what shakes out in that first week of the league year when roster bonuses become due and after that first wave of FA when guys start to get released after their replacements are signed. Fangio (if back) has a long history of taking reclamation projects at DB and having them be successful for him. Not sure if that’s a nod to he or Donatell, but it’s noteworthy nonetheless.

I’m pretty disappointed with the lack of anything at all from Deiondre’ Hall. I always thought he had a lot of promise but he’s been hurt 2 years in a row and definitely fell out of favor with this staff. They buried him pretty quick. They brought in 2 new FA corners and moved him to safety, then added a FA safety and drafted another. Then added Chris Prosinski when he was finally healthy and started him over Hall. May as well just cut the guy. 

I can't imagine them letting Fuller go, he is set for a franchise tag IMO. He isn't elite, but to me was better in the pass and run game than Amukamara. Going into the offseason needing 2 starting CBs is a hell of a punishment to self inflict. Even if Fuller isn't in Pace's long term plans, getting one CB to pair with him and one to replace him over 2 years seems much easier of a task.

Hall has been a letdown, as has been Houstonc-Carson. I thought Hall would make an impact and that he could work himself into the lineup but as you said is at the bottom of the totem pole. HC was going to be a special teams player that would be our new Ayanbadejo. He has had a few plays but nothing special, he is expendable too.

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I can't imagine them letting Fuller go, he is set for a franchise tag IMO. He isn't elite, but to me was better in the pass and run game than Amukamara. Going into the offseason needing 2 starting CBs is a hell of a punishment to self inflict. Even if Fuller isn't in Pace's long term plans, getting one CB to pair with him and one to replace him over 2 years seems much easier of a task.

Hall has been a letdown, as has been Houstonc-Carson. I thought Hall would make an impact and that he could work himself into the lineup but as you said is at the bottom of the totem pole. HC was going to be a special teams player that would be our new Ayanbadejo. He has had a few plays but nothing special, he is expendable too.

HC is a really solid ST from everything I have seen about him. Much better this year than last. Not at that Ayanbadejo level but a core guy. He gives us NOOOOOOTHING on defense though so I’d like to see another step next year. Hall doesn’t give you either though and he was the higher pick. I only expected HC to be a ST player.