2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

54 minutes ago, G08 said:

Fizpatrick over Ferrell?

yes in a heart beat. Ferrell is a good player but we can trade back and get him or worse case we get a Harold Landry.  Fitz is a special player that can play multiple secondary positions for us. 

12 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

yes in a heart beat. Ferrell is a good player but we can trade back and get him or worse case we get a Harold Landry.  Fitz is a special player that can play multiple secondary positions for us. 

Marshon Lattimore good?

17 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Can Fitzpatrick play corner

The 40 at the combine will answer that question. 

I think he can play corner. But him being a full time corner kind of hurts him.  Fitz is a guy that should be moved around depending on the match up.  playing Gronk line fitz up at safety or nickel.  want to shut down devonte adams and the pack put fitz on the outside.  He is such a special player you can line him up in different spots based on the team you are playing.   

Edited by Rogerthat

7 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

The 40 at the combine will answer that question

One would think a scout probably already knows if they think he quick and fast enough to play corner or not. Given positional importance (CB over S) and how Bama has used him personally I think he’s best in a Polamalu type safety role. I like what we got from Amos a lot this year but if we could start Minkah next to Jackson at safety I’d be all about that. More playmaking ability. We could probably get all 3 on the field in subpackages anyway with Amos replacing Kwiatkowski. 

Lamar Jackson declared for the draft.  Personally with the statements by Darnold and Rosen about not wanting to play in cleveland I wouldn't want the hassle.  Plus I think Hue would like the duel threat aspect of Lamar Jackson.  Browns take Jackson at 1 calvin ridley at 4 and have Gordon and ridley with the run throw threat of lamar Jackson and you might have something. 

For the bears this is great news.  QB's with first round grades.  Darnold, Rosen, Jackson, Mayfield, Allen, Rudolph.  

Edited by Rogerthat

45 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Lamar Jackson declared for the draft.  Personally with the statements by Darnold and Rosen about not wanting to play in cleveland I wouldn't want the hassle.  Plus I think Hue would like the duel threat aspect of Lamar Jackson.  Browns take Jackson at 1 calvin ridley at 4 and have Gordon and ridley with the run throw threat of lamar Jackson and you might have something. 

For the bears this is great news.  QB's with first round grades.  Darnold, Rosen, Jackson, Mayfield, Allen, Rudolph.  

Jackson isn’t even consensus amongst scouts to be a QB in the league and even if he is he’s not even a consensus 1st rounder. I think the likelihood he goes #1 overall is pretty much zero. 

28 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Jackson isn’t even consensus amongst scouts to be a QB in the league and even if he is he’s not even a consensus 1st rounder. I think the likelihood he goes #1 overall is pretty much zero. 

QBs who are better playmakers than they are pocket passers are usually day three picks. That's my bet, especially in a strong QB class.

28 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Lamar Jackson is a top 10 pick.  mark it down. 

From sports radio this morning, he's run the ball 100 more times over each of his last two college seasons than the NFL QB with the most 2017  runs, Cam Newton. He's like 6'1" and slightly built. I doubt if he translates into a NFL starting QB in 2018, at least not one that is likely to survive his rookie season.

8 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

From sports radio this morning, he's run the ball 100 more times over each of his last two college seasons than the NFL QB with the most 2017  runs, Cam Newton. He's like 6'1" and slightly built. I doubt if he translates into a NFL starting QB in 2018, at least not one that is likely to survive his rookie season.

He's essentially Terelle Pryor 

everyone said deshawn Watson had a third round grade on him this time last year and he went 11.

when its draft night and the bears trade down get two first round picks from the bills who draft lamar Jackson you should remember this conversation. 

5 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

everyone said deshawn Watson had a third round grade on him this time last year and he went 11.

when its draft night and the bears trade down get two first round picks from the bills who draft lamar Jackson you should remember this conversation. 

I think Baker Mayfield is a better target for BUF. Can see Jackson going in the 24-32 range.