2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

25 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

All I was trying to do was show that I have also heard that he is different and I provided a few articles showing that he is, by definition, different. Furthermore, I went on to explain that I don't care as long as it doesn't get him in jail or effect his play on the field (which I do believe Bennett's OTF interests did). It does NOT have anything to do with his talent and character. How can you be so blind to think that anyone who brought up his OTF interests believes that it'll effect his talent? That's not even possible. "I like poetry so my football skills will deteriorate." Umm..?

Exactly, so why are we even talking about it?  it's a non issue and pretty irrelevant.

Edited by topwop1

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Exactly, so why are we even talking about it?  it's a non issue and pretty irrelevant.

Currently, it's a non issue. You probably said the same about Martellus when he was signed. He let his s*** get in the way. As long as Davenport doesn't, I don't care (for the third time).

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Currently, it's a non issue. You probably said the same about Martellus when he was signed. He let his s*** get in the way. As long as Davenport doesn't, I don't care (for the third time).

You aren't really comparing Marty B to Davenport are you?  Bad example.

It's more surprising to me that you think only certain NFL players have other interests outside of football during their off time.  It's rare for any single player to eat, breathe and live football 24/7 365.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

You aren't really comparing Marty B to Davenport are you?  Bad example.

It's more surprising to me that you think only certain NFL players have other interests outside of football during their off time.  It's rare for any single player to eat, breathe and live football 24/7 365.

CURRENTLY IT'S A NON ISSUE

AS LONG AS HE DOESN'T, I DON'T CARE

Read.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Kevin White whom I admittedly did like coming out has not only been injured, but hasn't played well to date during his healthy periods.  Worst is he has ran the wrong routes and made wrong reads on option plays. 

FWIW he’s played 5 games in 3 years (and only parts of 2 of those) which is an insufficient amount of time to conclude anything other than that he hasn’t been healthy. Do you have any evidence to the bolded part though?

You know who was one of the quietest guys on this team not long ago? Julius Peppers.  The whole "this guy is different" thing gets so overblown.  Larry Fitzgerald is different.  Tom Brady is really different.  The question is what fuels you.  I have seen nothing that leads me to think that Davenport is insecure.  I have seen that he carrys that small school chip on his shoulder.  

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

FWIW he’s played 5 games in 3 years (and only parts of 2 of those) which is an insufficient amount of time to conclude anything other than that he hasn’t been healthy. Do you have any evidence to the bolded part though?

Not to mention in 2016 he was leading the team in rec and yards before his injury.  Guy is made of glass but i havent been able to make any real determination on his play.

As for Floyd, well thats box score scouting at its finest.  Bc the tape shows the guy is damn near unstoppable.

15 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

It was with Cutler and Cutler threw to a spot twice and White simply wasn't there.  One was a bad INT I recall.  

So either Cutler was wrong or White was wrong.  Cutler looked pissed and White looked chagrined so that tells me White was wrong.

I don't remember game(s). Let me look.

Here:  https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/kevin-white-cant-connect-with-jay-cutler-in-tough-bears-loss/

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:
4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Me:   (Making a face) A pitcher I suppose.  

This post didn’t get the love it deserves.

It went over my head tbh and so are all the posts saying he should get Najeh Davenport. Dude wasn't even that good and has been out of the league for a decade 

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It was with Cutler and Cutler threw to a spot twice and White simply wasn't there.  One was a bad INT I recall.  

So either Cutler was wrong or White was wrong.  Cutler looked pissed and White looked chagrined so that tells me White was wrong.

I don't remember game(s). Let me look.

Here:  https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/kevin-white-cant-connect-with-jay-cutler-in-tough-bears-loss/

Taking a guy playing in his first career game running one particular route once which may not have even been the wrong one vs. just being different than the one the QB anticipated and using that single play to lead to any kind conclusion, good or bad, is incredibly narrow. That’s be no different than concluding Hester was a good route runner because of the sick stutter & go one he ran against Dallas in that one week 2 SNF game. 

17 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Taking a guy playing in his first career game running one particular route once which may not have even been the wrong one vs. just being different than the one the QB anticipated and using that single play to lead to any kind conclusion, good or bad, is incredibly narrow. That’s be no different than concluding Hester was a good route runner because of the sick stutter & go one he ran against Dallas in that one week 2 SNF game. 

I didn't make any conclusions other than that he has been a bust to date for the Bears.   I bravely stand by that.  

I also said:

1) He hasn't been healthy;

2) When he played he hasn't played well and he even ran wrong route once or twice (which you then demanded evidence for which I provided).  I would also add that everyone who watched training camp last year said he didn't look good in practice and he was healthy at that time;

3) Then I added optimistically that this could be his break out year, just like Fuller (who was also largely a bust before last season) had a break out year.  I say this because he has physical ability to be a great player or he had it coming out of college anyway.  Hopefully, injuries haven't robbed him of it.

40 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I didn't make any conclusions other than that he has been a bust to date for the Bears.   I bravely stand by that.  

I also said:

1) He hasn't been healthy;

2) When he played he hasn't played well and he even ran wrong route once or twice (which you then demanded evidence for which I provided).  I would also add that everyone who watched training camp last year said he didn't look good in practice and he was healthy at that time;

3) Then I added optimistically that this could be his break out year, just like Fuller (who was also largely a bust before last season) had a break out year.  I say this because he has physical ability to be a great player or he had it coming out of college anyway.  Hopefully, injuries haven't robbed him of it.

I wasn’t disagreeing with you on any of the other stuff. He has been a bust to date. People did say that he looked underwhelming in camp when healthy though I don’t remember anything about wrong routes (I remember hearing poor routes but those are different things.

You said “Worst is he has ran the wrong routes and made wrong reads on option plays.” How many routes does a guy run in 5 games? 150 or so? I took your statement to mean that the wrong routes/options (plural) were a common occurrence. If that reading of what you wrote was incorrect then it was incorrect. I didn’t see this as a regular thing. One wrong route definitely doesn’t make it a habit. Guys run wrong routes all the time and we never know. All of that is moot though if I misinterpreted your point. 

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Chad Reuter's newest mock draft has NO coming up to 8 for Mayfield with the Bears moving down to 27 and taking McGlinchey. Man, I just have a hard time moving that far down, especially with NO not having a 2nd round pick this year. Last year, KC got up to 10 by giving up their 1st, 2nd and a future 1st. With NO not having a 2nd this year, Pace would almost have to ask for the Saints' 2018, 2019 and 2020 1st's, right?

That or some odd pairing.

2018's 1st and 3rd

2019's 1st and (2nd or 3rd, likely conditional factors at play)

I hope we are not drafting near this high for a long time, so I'm not in love with the idea of going back that far without a major haul, likely some unrealistic PAIR of tradebacks could entice me. Trade back to AZ's for their first this year and next years, then trade that back to NO for this years 1st and next years 1st. Yeah, you are suddenly missing any chance at the top OLBs, but still pick early in the 2nd, so you can get one there and take the BPA here, likely an OL to keep Trubisky upright. Then in 2019 you have 3 first round picks. That gives you 3 5 year deals or an amazing amount of leverage in trade value.

Like I said, completely unrealistic, but I would bite if it could happen.