Undrafted Free Agents 2023

gopherwrestler

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Andre Carter! Nice! Like I said before last year he was really looked at as a top 50 pick, even after the season so many had him up that high for potential. 
what a job by Kwesi and crew

6-6 1/2 256 with 33 3/8" arms.

He was the highest rated player I had that was not drafted, for the Vikings to get him is outstanding.  Sure at the senior bowl he got laid out at times but other times he looked pretty damn solid and super quick.

Like someone said I think at the Senior Bowl, Army football players do not prepare themselves to be NFL players.  Their focus is not that and their attention is not that, so think of what Andre Carter would look like with top of the line NFL strength coaches.  At the combine sure he did not do great, 30" vertical, 11 reps at 225 did not do the 40...

Dude could be totally different in the NFL and has tons of solid vets to learn from.  Honor to get him, I thought he was going to be a high pick and one of the first in forever for Army but he did not have as dominating of a season.  Still amazing pickup and arguably one of the best UDFAs available.  

• Like 2

Malik Knowles could be a solid player, awesome return man with big play ability.  He is super quick and agile for a 6-2 dude, very good run after catch with the ball in his hands.  Never developed like I thought he would but still a really nice pickup.  

• Like 1

Agreed to terms:

OL Alan Ali, TCU
OL Jacky Chen, Pace

DT Calvin Avery, Illinois

ILB Abraham Beauplan, Marshall
ILB Wilson Huber, Cincinnati
ILB Ivan Pace, Jr., Cincinnati
OLB Andre Carter II, Army

CB C.J. Coldon, Oklahoma
CB NaJee Thompson, Georgia Southern
CB Jaylin Williams, Indiana

WR Cephus Johnson, Southeastern Louisiana
WR Malik Knowles, Kansas State
WR Thayer Thomas, N.C. State

TE Ben Sims, Baylor

K Jack Podlesny, Georgia

vikings,com

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

A really amazing play and shows his just raw athletic ability.

giphy-4.gif

Oh and this one...

giphy-3.gif

And this is insane coverage for an edge rushers, crazy impressive

giphy-5.gif

Then the bust off the line

giphy-7.gif

Super read and reaction...

giphy.gif

No question in terms of overall upside, is possibly the best UDFA available.  Legit predictions of him being a 1st round pick preseason, and sure he was not great this past year but he still did get 23 pressures and was active off the edge despite all the attention.  Dude is a great pickup and obviously already has super high level character, he could have easily left arm for big NIL money after last year and did not, not to mention the commitment to go to school there to begin with which is super difficult and challenging.  

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Imagine being one of the best LBers in the country and no team drafts you because you are "too small"

Dude is gonna be MAD

And small shouldn’t even be the word to describe him. Yes, he’s short, but 230 pounds for a guy who’s 5’10” is a thick human being. I doubt many would call a 6’1”, 240 pound linebacker small.

• Like 2

I’m not comparing their playing styles, as it was two completely different eras. But, Pace Jr’s pre-draft measurements were very similar to Zach Thomas’s pre-draft measurements. 

Ivan Pace Jr:

Height: 5104
Weight: 231
Arm Length: 31.25”
Hand Size: 9.5”
Bench: 22
40 Yd Dash: 4.67
10 Yd Split: 1.7

Zach Thomas

Height: 5110
Weight: 233
Arm Length: 30.625”