2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

On 1/25/2024 at 8:43 PM, agarcia34 said:

I am in the mindset that you offer the Bears and offer they can’t refuse. The Raiders have sat on their hands on the QB position for way too long. Time to be aggressive and take a chance. 

That probably requires Maxx Crosby heading to Chicago. 

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

It’s still pretty early in the week. Nix played better as the day went on whereas Penix started well wowing with his arm. 

I still think the raiders might need to get one of these second level guys in the first because the top ones might not be there when they pick in the second. 

Nix is an absolute no for me in the 1st and I wouldn't even be that excited about him in the 2nd. Penix I wouldn't mind in the 2nd but he doesn't have the upside of a 1st round QB IMO. 

I'm really curious how high Daniels ends up rising - I don't see him overtaking Caleb but I don't see any reason he can't get above Maye. With our connections to Daniels he seems like the most likely QB for us to trade up for if it comes to that. Just interested if that means trading to #3 or if 5-10 gets it done. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Daniels frame kills me, especially with the type of hits he takes. 

You know what's weird about this? He's not that "smaller" than any of the other QB's in the draft. His frame is definitely different, but size wise he's the same. His body must hold weight in different areas, less likely in his arms or shoulders, maybe more in his legs?. Or maybe his arms/legs are longer, disbursing his muscle mass more and creating that leaner look? Regardless, he's put on about 10 pounds a year the last 2 years, after his first year in the league he's going to fill out and not look as lenky. 

I want to think it's more of a perception thing and I don't think it'll really effect him in the league that much.  I mean, Penix looks like a tank, and he's only 1 inch shorter and 4 lbs heavier. If the number are true

Williams 6'1 218

Maye 6-4 220

Williams 6'4 210

Nix 6'3 214

McCarthy 6-3 203

Penix 6'3 214

2 hours ago, 101Raider said:

How much of Byron Murphy’s success came from having Sweat next to him?  

Saw that he had a 19.6 pass rush win rate… that’s absolutely insane. 

It's that Aaron Donald effect.  Hopefully we realize that and stay away from him like we should stay away from DL that play alongside A. Donald.

Clelin Ferrell had the same luck playing with great players in college and he was the one that reaped the benefits of playing against truly talented players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Daniels frame kills me, especially with the type of hits he takes. 

I saw him jump into a tackle and get slammed on one play.  QBs with his frame should never leave the ground.

First thing we need to teach him is how to slide.