2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Who’d be throwing to him? Because #4 ain’t Carr anymore my dude. 

The raiders have to get a QB. I’d rather they keep Tae another season or two and draft his replacement next season or the season after. WRs are probably the easiest position to find. 

Pennix a 2nd rounder. Rattler there too. I like the kid from Tulane 

44 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Find me the film of jj McCarthy against Washington(spoiler alert: you won't find it because he only completed 8/17 passes for what is a 47% completion rate). The reality is that if they lost the game than it would stop being ignored that he played horrible in the biggest game in his career. That's the kind of stuff that you evaluate when looking at a qb to be a 1st rounder and future of your franchise.

Are you really just cherry picking one game here? That’s a low brow move and bad evaluation. You’re pumping up Rattler over mids South Carolina film but also insulting JJ over a mids actual playoff game performance? 

Edited by FloydFan
Typo

F$ck them picks!! Go get your QB

Next years QB class looks like S.Sanders, D. Allar, C.Beck and Q. Ewers.

Giving up next years first ain’t that big of a deal and it sucks giving up the following years first as well and along with a couple second round picks. But not having any hope at the QB position sucks even worse 

Edited by agarcia34

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Next years QB class looks like S.Sanders, D. Allar, C.Beck and Q. Ewers.

After a year when Jayden Daniels went from undrafted to likely top 5 pick, I am not too interested in getting a guy because 'next year's class sucks'.

That's exactly, EXACTLY, what Howie Roseman said when he traded up for Wentz. He said they knew they had to move up and get a guy, because the future landscape wasn't too exciting at QB. That was 2016. (Dak Prescott went in the 4th round of same draft).

Patrick Mahomes went with 10th pick in the very next draft. 😆

• Like 2

While I agree that we never know what future drafts hold, it seems like Mark David has mandated that QB is upgraded this year. I think it's either a trade up for one of the top 3, trade for Fields, or trade back into the first for one of Penix, Nix, or McCarthy.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

While I agree that we never know what future drafts hold, it seems like Mark David has mandated that QB is upgraded this year. I think it's either a trade up for one of the top 3, trade for Fields, or trade back into the first for one of Penix, Nix, or McCarthy.

I'd trade back. Someone will be gullible enough to do it. 

We're FA heavy and starting to age. Collect some extra picks and solidify the team ASAP. 

I'd package our 1st and DA for the right haul. In 3 years, he's going to slow down immensely. It'll take about that long for the next era to kick into high gear. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If you watched the Alabama game can you please point out to me when he looked "really good" he was pretty damn mid the entire game and missed hella easy throws lol

I looked at it this morning.  I didn't have a lot of time yesterday.  He had a couple of good throws.  Literally a couple.  Also, that Alabama defense was nothing to scoff at.  They were smothering him the entire game.  The Michigan OL couldn't block for long.  He had like 2-3 good plays.  A couple of dropped INTs.  A fair amount of tipped passes too.  Credit to the Alabama LBs and DBs because they weren't the reason why Alabama lost.  Nick Saban can coach the crap out of a defense.

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

I looked at it this morning.  I didn't have a lot of time yesterday.  He had a couple of good throws.  Literally a couple.  Also, that Alabama defense was nothing to scoff at.  They were smothering him the entire game.  The Michigan OL couldn't block for long.  He had like 2-3 good plays.  A couple of dropped INTs.  A fair amount of tipped passes too.  Credit to the Alabama LBs and DBs because they weren't the reason why Alabama lost.  Nick Saban can coach the crap out of a defense.

He did not look good in the Alabama or Washington games

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He did not look good in the Alabama or Washington games

Two tough teams to beat.  He isn't the reason why they won those games.  Defense and the running game won those games.  But he can still make plays with his arm and his feet.  He's still a champion at QB with Michigan.  He may have not been the reason they won, but obviously the plays he did make helped them win it all.  I would honestly grade him as a work-in-progress at this point and I do not personally consider him a first-round pick.  I would consider him a day two pick.  Like I said, he should certainly be considered for QB.  I just think he needs to develop more and is a couple of years away from being ready to take control of an NFL offense.

Also, after playing against Michigan, I do not think Penix is a top 20 pick. I think he's the type of QB you take at the end of the first if you're a team that believes in him and want that 5th year option.

I honestly think a lot of "draft experts" are overhyping the QBs this year.  Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels, Caleb Williams (no particular order), are the big 3.  All the other QBs in this draft need time (year or two in the NFL) and coaching to develop.  Jayden Daniels will probably have some growing pains.  Just my opinion.

We may see 5-6 QBs drafted in the first round this year.  But I think 2-3 of them are going to bust (like every year).

Just now, FloydFan said:

Are you really just cherry picking one game here? That’s low brow man and bad evaluation. You’re pumping up Rattler over mids South Carolina film but also insulting JJ over a mids actual playoff game performance? 

Definitely not. You said I was box score scouting. I responded by mentioning that you won't find any JJ film against Washington because it's embarrassing. That has nothing to do with Spencer Rattler. I have to deal with strictly JJ McCarthy. It's nothing negative against JJ McCarthy individually I'm just talking about the realities of drafting him at 13 and potentially the top 10 if we move the draft boards because of the pre-draft stuff. You're taking a guy high that has never thrown for 3000 yards in college simply because his team won and because he has traits when you can simply take a guy with the same exact traits in the second round because he didn't win. This allows you to take a High level right tackle corner or even and all pro level guard. Has nothing to do with what their names are.

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Two tough teams to beat.  He isn't the reason why they won those games.  Defense and the running game won those games.  But he can still make plays with his arm and his feet.  He's still a champion at QB with Michigan.  He may have not been the reason they won, but obviously the plays he did make helped them win it all.  I would honestly grade him as a work-in-progress at this point and I do not personally consider him a first-round pick.  I would consider him a day two pick.  Like I said, he should certainly be considered for QB.  I just think he needs to develop more and is a couple of years away from being ready to take control of an NFL offense.

Also, after playing against Michigan, I do not think Penix is a top 20 pick. I think he's the type of QB you take at the end of the first if you're a team that believes in him and want that 5th year option.

I honestly think a lot of "draft experts" are overhyping the QBs this year.  Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels, Caleb Williams (no particular order), are the big 3.  All the other QBs in this draft need time (year or two in the NFL) and coaching to develop.  Jayden Daniels will probably have some growing pains.  Just my opinion.

We may see 5-6 QBs drafted in the first round this year.  But I think 2-3 of them are going to bust (like every year).

I think it's really Maye and Caleb as the two elite prospects, Daniels is a good but not great prospect, McCarthy is an okay prospect, and then Penix/Nix are okay to meh prospects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think it's really Maye and Caleb as the two elite prospects, Daniels is a good but not great prospect, McCarthy is an okay prospect, and then Penix/Nix are okay to meh prospects.

I think McCarthy as a "project" prospect is as good as it gets such as Allen, Love, Lance, Richardson, etc. Not every project will turn into a stud, but with the right coaching and development, they can. 

I also think Caleb is not an elite prospect. He's just premium Kyler. 

Maye - Elite Prospect

McCarthy - Elite Project Prospect

Caleb - Top Tier Prospect

Daniels - Good High Quality Prospect, but definitely overrated by the Internet Community and Raider Fans.

Penix - Good Prospect with a lot of risk and overall limitations

Nix - Very flawed prospect

Rattler - Disaster Prospect

Edited by Tank4Drake

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

I think McCarthy as a "project" prospect is as good as it gets such as Allen, Love, Lance, Richardson, etc. Not every project will turn into a stud, but with the right coaching and development, they can. 

Maye - Elite Prospect

Daniels - Good High Quality Prospect, but definitely overrated by the Internet Community and Raider Fans.

You’re crazy if you think Maye and McCarthy are elite prospects and Caleb isn’t. Premium Kyler is the best QB in the NFL, lol.

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Maye - Elite Prospect

The times I've watched Caleb, he reminds me exactly of a slightly bigger Kyler. I think we would have issues with his work focus and dedication. His vibe definitely strikes me as the type to quit on a team when things aren't going his way. 

• Like 3