2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

Btw, for those bemoaning the qb process....even if we had say pick #7 or 6 hypothetically speaking. It still not a guarantee we'd get any of the top 3. Just gotta wait and see how it plays out unfortunately. I'm just hoping for one of the 6, at a decent value spot (I know, that's hoping for a lot.)

4th at best because the top 3 teams need QB's. You would have to hope it goes.

1. Caleb

2. Maye

3. McCarthy.

Then you would need to get to 4 for Daniels. Even if Daniels goes 3 and we want McCarthy we still would need to get to 4 after that. Charger at 5 won't trade with us, so we're are screwed out of the top 4. So it's Nix, Penix, or Rattler later in the draft. 

Edited by raidr4life

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

1. Caleb

2. Maye

3. McCarthy.

Then you would need to get to 4 for Daniels. Even if Daniels goes 3 and we want McCarthy we still would need to get to 4 after that. Charger at 5 won't trade with us, so we're are screwed out of the top 4. So it's Nix, Penix, or Rattler later in the draft. 

I agree, all we can do as fans is A) hope we get 1 of em and B) hope he ends up being a good qb for us.🤞🍻

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

I agree, all we can do as fans is A) hope we get 1 of em and B) hope he ends up being a good qb for us.🤞🍻

I feel like going to number 4 is a smart move.  At 4 you can 100% land McCarthy WORST case scenario, grab an elite talent in another area, or hope Jayden drops.  All of these are WINS for this franchise.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

1. Caleb

2. Maye

3. McCarthy.

Personally I think after Daniels pro day we might see him rise to top 3. Maybe 2. I can’t see McCarthy going top 3 after being a fringe 1st. 

46 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Personally I think after Daniels pro day we might see him rise to top 3. Maybe 2. I can’t see McCarthy going top 3 after being a fringe 1st. 

I know it's smoke screen season but the Patriots reportedly aren't super high on Drake Maye. I think Caleb / Daniels are going top 2 and then it's kinda questionable.

On 3/16/2024 at 7:24 PM, Jerry said:

Yeah. That’s essentially where we’re at. Either that or we do what I want, which is BPA at 13, Penix or Nix drops to like pick 25-30, then we trade up and take them near the end of the first round so we have that 5th year option.

I agree, that’s the most palatable of the options imo 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Totty said:

I feel like going to number 4 is a smart move.  At 4 you can 100% land McCarthy WORST case scenario, grab an elite talent in another area, or hope Jayden drops.  All of these are WINS for this franchise.  

Can't argue the logic, but we might have to outbid minny.

Played around with a mock draft sim on PFN. Best case scenario IMO with no trades and trying to be realistic. 

Round 1. Taliese Fuaga OT, OSU

Round 2. Michael Penix QB, UW

Round 3. Mile Sanristil CB, UM

Round 4. Maason Smith DL, LSU

Round 5. MarShawn Lloyd RB, USC

Round 6. Nehemiah Pritchett CB, AUB

Round 7a: Frank Crum, OT WYO

Round 7b: Jordan Whittington WR, UT

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Played around with a mock draft sim on PFN. Best case scenario IMO with no trades and trying to be realistic. 

Round 1. Taliese Fuaga OT, OSU

Round 2. Michael Penix QB, UW

Round 3. Mile Sanristil CB, UM

Round 4. Maason Smith DL, LSU

Round 5. MarShawn Lloyd RB, USC

Round 6. Nehemiah Pritchett CB, AUB

Round 7a: Frank Crum, OT WYO

Round 7b: Jordan Whittington WR, UT

If Penix actually falls this far it would be a great draft

5 hours ago, Totty said:

Trading to #4 before the draft not knowing who you’ll get would be meh. Unless you just absolutely love all 4 guys.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Trading to #4 before the draft not knowing who you’ll get would be meh. Unless you just absolutely love all 4 guys.

We need a QB.  We love all 4 guys.  

A few things based on recent posts:

• Trading up to #4 would be extremely expensive considering the Cardinals would have to give up on drafting a generational-level receiver prospect.
  • JJ McCarthy is not a can't miss prospect. History tells us he is more likely to fail than succeed.
  • Besides Daniels and probably Williams, we have no idea who the Raiders covet at QB in this draft.
  • Trading back up into the first round is a more rational move considering the consensus difference between McCarthy, Nix, and Penix is less than McCarthy and the consensus top 3. This is all contingent on the Raiders' actual evaluation of these players. Based on draft media evaluations, McCarthy is not definitely a better prospect than Nix and Penix. Penix is the only one that has been viewed as the consensus sixth ranked prospect since January. Nix was ranked ahead of McCarthy until right after the combine, and most outlets have them nearly side-by-side. Evaluators like Matt Waldman and Greg Cosell rank Nix ahead of McCarthy. McCarthy's elevation into the top 10 has been based on hearsay, not player evaluation.
  • Like 1

For those who haven't seen Hondo's mock: https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/the-black-hole-plus/olumuyiwa-fashanu-las-vegas-raiders-nfl-mock-draft-caleb-williams-jayden-daniels-jj-mccarthy

• 13. Las Vegas OLUMUYIWA FASHANU OT PENN STATE 
    • Rd. 2 No. 44 Spencer Rattler, QB South Carolina
    • Rd. 3 No. 77 Kiran Amegadjie, OL Yale
    • Rd. 4 No. 112 Braden Fiske, DT Florida State
    • Rd. 5 No. 148 Zak Zinter, G, Michigan
    • Rd. 6 No. 208 Ray Davis, RB, Kentucky
    • Rd. 7 No. 223 M.J. Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh
    • Rd. 7 No. 229 Tarheeb Still, CB, Maryland