2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Don’t see how anyone can watch Ewers / Sanders / Beck and come away thinking they’re elite prospects 

That’s why they are back in college to get better

Sanders is for sure an elite prospect

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FloydFan said:

I guess it depends on how the board falls of course, but in terms of prospects expected to be there I like Suamataia and Morgan. I would however prefer to make a small trade up and grab a tackle that falls in a deep class. I can see a top fifteen projected one there at around 20-25 that would be worth the trade up for me. As for corner I’d like to trade for a guy on a larger contract if we don’t trade up from our second for a tackle. It should be doable and would allow us to sacrifice more in cap as opposed to draft capital. If that’s not available I’d prefer to probably use that cap to sign a few lottery tickets like White, etc while taking a third round guy and try to maybe at the end of the day build depth as opposed to a true lockdown guy and hope the improved pass rush along with better depth shakes out in the aggregate. 

Interesting idea. Perhaps a Mims or Guyton could be had in that range. I guess it would depend how much it would cost to move from 44 to 25??

I, like you still feel that the overall benefit to the team and franchise of guaranteeing one of the top 6 QBs is higher than taking a tackle or CB. As good as those players are, you have to take a punt at some point and it is such a unique situation where there are this many first round draftable QBs

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Sanders is basically a Teddy Bridgewater clone. 0 mobility, average arm strength, holds onto the ball way too long and is a head case. Everyone hates on Caleb for his personality / attitude, Sanders is 500x worse, dude is already saying he'll refuse to be drafted by certain teams, lol.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

There's no such thing as a pure left tackle or right tackle. There are too many examples of players playing both well (Sewell, Lane Johnson, Paris Johnson, etc.). In fact, both Eluemenor and Munford played both pretty well last year. In my mind, a tackle who can only play one side probably can't play tackle very well.

Donald Penn.  Dude played LT at a really high level.  We moved him to RT and his career was over.  He couldn't make the switch.  He's left-handed.  I think he contradicts your argument.

18 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Donald Penn.  Dude played LT at a really high level.  We moved him to RT and his career was over.  He couldn't make the switch.  He's left-handed.  I think he contradicts your argument.

He doesn't. Penn was 35 and coming off of foot surgery when he switched. He then got hurt 4 games into playing right tackle. He played right tackle mid-game in 2016 when Menelik Watson got hurt and did just fine.

There may be a learning curve when switching sides, but all the traits that make a good left tackle also make a good right tackle (and vice versa).

Edited by Rich7sena

9 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Sanders would be a nobody if not for his last name and spotlight shined on him by his father. He's disgustingly average. 

• Like 2

I've been looking for the wrench that some team is going to throw in the draft. I ask myself why did MIN trade for another 1st round pick are they sure there is a trade to be had for a top 4 QB. AZ is obviously the hot spot for multiple teams who want to their hands on who could be the last of the big 4. But maybe just maybe AZ has decided they want a new QB. Have the secretly had talks with MIN about Kyler Murray for a late 1st. Hmm!

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Sanders would be a nobody if not for his last name and spotlight shined on him by his father. He's disgustingly average. 

Straight up one of the most mids prospects with this much hype I've ever seen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

He’s miles better than JJ

Coming from the same guy with the "Rattler in round 1" talk after the Senior Bowl? You shut right up after the combine I've noticed. What's that about?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I wonder if the McCarthy to the commanders thing could be true. I hope

I hope so. I took JJ at number 2 betting line at +1000 before they changed it to +450

More importantly it means Maye or Daniels will reach #4

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1