2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Vikings are viewed as the best situation for a rookie QB

They easily are. 

Aaron Jones, Justin Jefferson, Jordan Addison, TJ Hockenson, a QB turned HC with roots to QB friendly systems, an OC with ties to a QB friendly system, and a QB coach that has gotten some serious traction as a future HC himself.

Top that off with Minnesota being very close to serious contention last year despite losing their franchise QB and having very little traction in the run game due to abysmal QB play. 

If ever there was a team that a rookie QB could be expected to have in serious playoff contention, I'd say the 2024 Vikings for sure. The only thing stopping Minnesota is that I think Detroit has a great shot at improving even more and it looks like Jordan Love may be a breakout star for GB, so the NFCN is toughBut as a landing spot for a QB....yeah, they have pretty much everything one could want. 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What would you be willing to give up to move to #3? It sounds like the Pats are open for business.

Jerimiah earlier speculated it would be #13 this year, 1st + 3rd next year plus a 1st the following season. Are you doing that for Maye or Daniels?

Absolutely for Maye. I'd do 2 1sts + for Daniels.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NickButera said:

There seems to be a lot of smoke around this. The 1 consistent rumor the last month is how badly we want to trade up for him.  Everything other rumored link to other QB's has been a blip report. But this one keeps coming up every week. 

I have absolutely zero doubt that he wants to be here and AP wants him. 

That makes it the riskiest move for me. He's talented enough to take a shot at, so I wouldn't immediately be irked by getting him. But it would be the ultimate representation of what I worry about with AP- he has his "guys" and seems bent on collecting them to the point of it being an open secret. 

If we made the move for Daniels, he absolutely has to be a revelation year 1, considering what we'd have to give up. And if he flopped, no way I'd retain AP. He's already too interested in the locker room for my taste, but he's also not an offense guy, so there's no inherent reason to keep him and a fledgling Daniels in that scenario. 

If it worked out, awesome and we're all happy. But I would tell AP going in that this type of move would be hist first, second, and third strike all in one if it doesn't work, primarily because I just get that feeling that he would be pushing for Daniels even if Daniels didn't just win the Heisman and ascend overnight. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NickButera said:

There seems to be a lot of smoke around this. The 1 consistent rumor the last month is how badly we want to trade up for him.  Everything other rumored link to other QB's has been a blip report. But this one keeps coming up every week. 

It's more than smoke, it's an open secret. Daniels mentioned Antonio Pierce in his speech and Daniels was in the Raiders locker room post-game during the season. I don't think it's a great look for Daniels' agent to complain about the Commanders' process, but if he's their first or second ranked quarterback, this is not a reason for them not to pick him. The NFL, collectively, is very much against empowering players--even to their own detriment.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What would you be willing to give up to move to #3? It sounds like the Pats are open for business.

Jerimiah earlier speculated it would be #13 this year, 1st + 3rd next year plus a 1st the following season. Are you doing that for Maye or Daniels?

I'd be tempted for Maye because his ceiling is Rodgers-lite, but that price tag would be a bit steep. Definitely not for Daniels, Maye is by far the lower-risk/higher reward of the two.

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Less than one week....  The logical moves are to stay put and take a CB or OT unless a QB we like slips to 10ish and me make a trade for a slight trade up.  Those are the only things that make sense based off of value.

I am still on board with moving Adams for a late 1st. There could be good value at the end of 1 for a WR.  We need to get younger and build for the future.  Adams does nothing for this team as we are not a contender with or without him.  

I agree with you regarding the draft slot and not over drafting, getting good value which we do often fail to do but to say Adams does nothing is perplexing to me.

If we’re drafting a rookie QB then having an elite WR and elite route runner as a security blanket could be worth his weight in gold. If we’re not drafting a QB then yes, I’d consider trading him but not if we intend to draft a QB, that could make his transition so much easier as Adams game will age very well as it’s not based on elite physical tools. He should be able to be great in the rookies second or third year which is when we’d be looking to win trophies.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NickButera said:

It's the AP connection to Daniels at ASU. The question is, is it real or just media taking shots in the dark.

BTW if the vikings are truly gonna do 2 1sts + for JJ, as much as I like him, would much rather go BPA at 13 and try to trade up for Penix/Nix from 44. Honestly.

Getting Arnold or trading down to the late teens for an OT/Edge/DT would be a win for me. Arnold I think is actually being slept on and is really good. If he ran a little faster 40 he'd be talked about as a universal top 10 pick like Surtain IMHO.

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

BTW if the vikings are truly gonna do 2 1sts + for JJ, as much as I like him, would much rather go BPA at 13 and try to trade up for Penix/Nix from 44. Honestly.

Getting Arnold or trading down to the late teens for an OT/Edge/DT would be a win for me. Arnold I think is actually being slept on and is really good. If he ran a little faster 40 he'd be talked about as a universal top 10 pick like Surtain IMHO.

It's going to be really interesting who in the top 10 slips on Draft day. Someone will. Happens all the time. Seems like there's a steady 5 or.6 guys in that group, with the other slots having some variety. Someone is going to "slip" to 13. 

Then it's a whole new ballgame whether we take the guy or trade the pick. No telling who or what right now. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 1:55 PM, bucksavage1 said:

I am ready to defend the administration with logical optimism and sometimes perceived as homerish, no matter who they select 

This sounds like something you’d hear from Stalin era Russia. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It's the AP connection to Daniels at ASU. The question is, is it real or just media taking shots in the dark.

I think it’s real. AP is about the most player friendly coach there is. He seems to really like Daniels and vice versa with the two of them referring to each other a few times in the offseason. 

9 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

The Raiders have signaled that they are trying to compete in the next 2-3 seasons. They just signed a 28-year-old defensive tackle for a 4-year $100 million plus contract.

Both things can be true.  We can both win now and get younger at the same time if we use our draft capital wisely and get good value with our picks.  

Let's not pretend this is a fringe SB team and the only way I see this team making a deep playoff run this year is if we end up drafting a superstar rookie QB.  

There is no doubt Adams is a stud and would be a valuable piece for a young QB but he is turning 32 next season and on the downside of his career.  This team also has many holes to fill and as good as Adams is this team has to look towards the future.  

Let's say we trade Adams for a late 1st and land a stud OT, CB or WR.  I would take a stud rookie at those positions, free up cap space long term all while getting 1st round value for Adams while his value is still high. 

• Like 1