2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

Everyone here falling for stats and highlights. 

Daniels sticks to one or two reads. Stares down WRs and predetermines where he's going with the ball before the snap. As a college QB with a stud group of WRs including Nabors. Going to have to taylor an offense around him running RPOs but he's rail thin and will not last taking hit in the pros. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Insert typical USC excuse that they were playing a better team and he did everything he did without the proper surrounding talent. 

Mack Brown is a stiff. Team was lifeless and they have little talent. Their defense can't stop anyone. 

I watched part of that game. Receivers were dropping balls, quitting on routes. Blocking was awful. It was Maye and nothing else. 

College is about traits. Draft those, not stats. Pennix and Daniels are stat QBs, but neither can outplay Maye or Williams. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He has a way bigger arm, better downfield accuracy, and is way more athletic. And yeah he's not 100%

He shows flashes, but he doesn’t show out. Like yesterday, he had a few good throws, but he never has a big/good game. Unless we are just going to say Michigan never uses him that way, I’ve never seen it. I don’t think he even throws deep so I’m not sure how you can say he’s accurate doing so.

Where is the big game?  When has he ever put the team on his shoulders and made big throws to win?  Maybe he is capable, but we’d be waiting until the NFL to see if he can win a game throwing 35+ times.

idc, we need to draft Jayden Daniels. Maye and Williams locked in at top 3, but Daniels is lamar Jackson 2.0. A franchise cornerstone. He's a future superstar and a modern dual threat QB. We would have cap space with a rookie scale contract to improve the OL and defense. 

Quick Action Plan 

• Invest in Coaching/ top HC and Defensive Coordinator 
  • Draft Jayden Daniels- do whatever it takes 
  • Sign Jaylen Johnson or Jeff Okudah  CB1 
  • Leonard Williams - big cat always wanted to be a Raider. give him a big dollar deal even if he's 30 now. He should be good another 4-5 years 
  • Bring back Jacobs/ Jack Jones 
  • convert Parham to center and bring in two good power guards to over power teams in the run game 
  • Koonce, Moehrig, Amik have been nice this year, bring them back in their roles 
Edited by Humble_Beast

59 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

idc, we need to draft Jayden Daniels. Maye and Williams locked in at top 3, but Daniels is lamar Jackson 2.0. A franchise cornerstone. He's a future superstar and a modern dual threat QB. We would have cap space with a rookie scale contract to improve the OL and defense. 

Quick Action Plan 

• Invest in Coaching/ top HC and Defensive Coordinator 
  • Draft Jayden Daniels- do whatever it takes 
  • Sign Jaylen Johnson or Jeff Okudah  CB1 
  • Leonard Williams - big cat always wanted to be a Raider. give him a big dollar deal even if he's 30 now. He should be good another 4-5 years 
  • Bring back Jacobs/ Jack Jones 
  • convert Parham to center and bring in two good power guards to over power teams in the run game 
  • Koonce, Moehrig, Amik have been nice this year, bring them back in their roles 

I’m leaning towards daniels too and it started for me last year and he’s absolutely killed it this year similar to pennix except without injury history. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, true2form said:

He shows flashes, but he doesn’t show out. Like yesterday, he had a few good throws, but he never has a big/good game. Unless we are just going to say Michigan never uses him that way, I’ve never seen it. I don’t think he even throws deep so I’m not sure how you can say he’s accurate doing so.

Where is the big game?  When has he ever put the team on his shoulders and made big throws to win?  Maybe he is capable, but we’d be waiting until the NFL to see if he can win a game throwing 35+ times.

You draft him for traits. He is a projection but physically he has it all. 

I worry about Daniels. The guy wasn't on anyone's radar even though he's a what, 4 year starter? Last year he returned to LSU because he had a super low draft evaluation. Last year everyone looked at his traits and said, he's barely draft worthy. Now those traits are first round worthy?

Was this just a one year spurt in the perfect situation? Or is he really showing he's going to be a NFL star after one year of greatness? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I worry about Daniels. The guy wasn't on anyone's radar even though he's a what, 4 year starter? Last year he returned to LSU because he had a super low draft evaluation. Last year everyone looked at his traits and said, he's barely draft worthy. Now those traits are first round worthy?

Was this just a one year spurt in the perfect situation? Or is he really showing he's going to be a NFL star after one year of greatness? 

Idk about star, but I think he's a viable NFL QB. 

I wouldn't buy into legit 1st round hype though, except for maybe a team in the bottom 5 picks of the 1st that have a 2nd on him and need a QB. 

He needs a good bit of work as a passer and probably needs a year or two to sit. 

• Like 1

As a ASU fan and Alumni I use to yell at my TV when it came to Jayden. His age is a killer for me. His two years at ASU I really thought Herm Edward’s did Jayden no favors. He wasn’t perfect himself but didn’t get the coaching needed to allow his game to grow especially his passing. 

Since his move to LSU. I do think he has grown a lot more as a passer. Will continue to need to make progress there at the next level as well. His feet are electric ️. He’s fast and agile. You have to allow him to be who he is when he gets to the NFL. A open minded coach who’s willing to build the offense around him and not force him to be something he’s not right away.

I would say he’s a more polished Lamar Jackson when he came out of the draft. 

Easily QB #3

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NickButera said:

To play devils advocate we've seen similar situations happen in the past. 

Jalen Hurts was a 2 year starter at Alabama, was eventually benched for Tua, and was basically a non-prospect. He transferred to Oklahoma, had an amazing season, went in the 2nd round and has obviously became a great player.

Burrow was a backup at Ohio State, transferred to LSU, was mid as a Jr and basically a non prospect then became elite as a senior and went #1 overall. 

Kyler Murray was a backup at Texas A&M, transferred to Oklahoma, was viewed as a non-prospect, had a great year and then went #1 overall. 

• Like 4

Until I know the coaching staff, then which QB I'd want. Now for the goofy fun...

#1 Caleb 'Cry Baby' Williams

#2 Drake May Day sinking ship 

#3 Jayden (Not another LSU QB) Daniels

#4 JJ Hype MeCarthy

#5 Bo 'Old Man' Don't Pick 6 Nix

#6 Michael  Broken/Rising Pheonix 

#7 Prime Time Col Sanders Chicken

If we're keeping AP I'm leaning Jayden Daniels. Took a lot of sacks which will happen in the NFL and our Oline currently. No need to trade up because JJ/Bo/Penix are also good. If it's a coach in full control then I'm prepared for them to mortage our future to get Williams or Maye. Doubt we could move up to the top 3 picks but they could offer quite a bit. 

• Like 2