2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

On 1/15/2024 at 1:31 PM, spilltray said:

Could a 3+4 get you from 25 to 15? Maybe a 2+4 inside the top 10? I don't know who the name would be but based on ammo and where this team is in development, taking a shot on a guy you love is worth it, assuming you hit.

We could offer every pick the Packer own this year, and it probably doesn't get you into that 6-8 range.

On 1/15/2024 at 3:50 PM, Mazrimiv said:

When does S Kinchens go off the board.  I know someone here likes him a lot, but can't remember who.

I think Combine is going to be big for him.  Probably a late Day 1, early Day 2 prospect right now.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 5:30 PM, Packerraymond said:

Donovan Edwards and Trey Henderson back to school ruins this RB class.

The best RB in this draft just tore his ACL in November.

Really shocked that TreVeyon Henderson is returning to college.  That's a lot of wear and tear and a long enough injury history.  Was probably a safe Day 2 pick coming out.  Another injury-prone season, and he becomes a Day 3 pick.

Yeah I don't know how much these NIL deals are worth, but if it's a decent payday and I'm a running back, I'm probably taking that given the relative unlikelihood of securing a second contract in the NFL.

• Like 1

Yeah, just in terms of ROI running backs are much bigger contributors to their college team's success than they will be to an NFL team, so an NIL collective's money is well-spent here.

Running backs are players who generally can secure a second contract, but rarely a third one.

• Like 1

Keep going back and forth on what positions we focus on with our picks in the top 100. Walker breaking out the last half of the season has made LT not a pressing need. But if he continues to improve and be a franchise LT, this OL is going to get expensive very quickly. Zach Tom is already a top RT that has shown he can play LT and will most likely get LT money. Walker if he turns out to be a franchise LT will get the bag. Jenkins is the 3rd highest paid guard in the league. 

And then we get to DL. Slaton has improved a lot this season and is moving up the tiers of NT. His next contract is not gonna be cheap. Kenny Clark has 1 year left and our FO doesn't give out 3rd contracts often. Someone mentioned Newton earlier if he's on the board with our 1st pick. Kris Jenkins with one of our 2nd round picks is intriguing also. 

8 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Keep going back and forth on what positions we focus on with our picks in the top 100. Walker breaking out the last half of the season has made LT not a pressing need. But if he continues to improve and be a franchise LT, this OL is going to get expensive very quickly. Zach Tom is already a top RT that has shown he can play LT and will most likely get LT money. Walker if he turns out to be a franchise LT will get the bag. Jenkins is the 3rd highest paid guard in the league. 

And then we get to DL. Slaton has improved a lot this season and is moving up the tiers of NT. His next contract is not gonna be cheap. Kenny Clark has 1 year left and our FO doesn't give out 3rd contracts often. Someone mentioned Newton earlier if he's on the board with our 1st pick. Kris Jenkins with one of our 2nd round picks is intriguing also. 

I think Newton is out of the picture now that Packers are picking 25 or later. Maybe Leonard Taylor?

On 1/15/2024 at 7:03 PM, HokieHigh said:

On a pff 3 round draft today i got 

Chris braswell (edge alabama to replace preston), chop robinson (edge psu potential home run bpa), rod moore (safety michigan), zak zinter (guard michigan), cooper beebe (guard kansas state).  

Draft talent and develop it

Pff draft today...

Leonard taylor iii (miami dt), chop robinson (edge psu), jeremiah trotter (lb clemson), jahdae barron (s texas), jawhar jordan (rb lousville).

I would be pretty hyped about this

37 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Pff draft today...

Leonard taylor iii (miami dt), chop robinson (edge psu), jeremiah trotter (lb clemson), jahdae barron (s texas), jawhar jordan (rb lousville).

I would be pretty hyped about this

I ran three mocks today on PFF.  Can't say that I was "hyped" about any of them because I'm grossly unaware of the players where I was drafting.  Sure seems like our pick could be dealt for someone looking to move up for a QB.

And it also looks like our second, second round pick is where we could get at some of the best RB's in the draft.  But the third round is where I liked the grouping of running backs better.

The other intriguing thing that I saw was  Troy Fautanu.  LT for Washington.  When I saw him in the championship game, I thought that kid could play tackle in the NFL, but he'd be a very, very good guard.   

• Like 1