2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

33 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think TJ Lang was the RT for a left handed QB.

After some searching, Lang played defensive line in 2005 (neat), with a mix of starts at left and right tackle in 2006. Moved to left tackle in 2007.

Some googling of Andy Schmidt, QB, it looks like he's a righty.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I ran three mocks today on PFF.  Can't say that I was "hyped" about any of them because I'm grossly unaware of the players where I was drafting.  Sure seems like our pick could be dealt for someone looking to move up for a QB.

And it also looks like our second, second round pick is where we could get at some of the best RB's in the draft.  But the third round is where I liked the grouping of running backs better.

The other intriguing thing that I saw was  Troy Fautanu.  LT for Washington.  When I saw him in the championship game, I thought that kid could play tackle in the NFL, but he'd be a very, very good guard.   

Would you be at all upset if we jumped the board and just took our favorite RB at our second, second round pick? I like the idea, though I don't have clue about any of the prospects.   But is it that big of a jump to use like pick 55 on the 70th best player just to make sure you get your guy?

20 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Would you be at all upset if we jumped the board and just took our favorite RB at our second, second round pick? I like the idea, though I don't have clue about any of the prospects.   But is it that big of a jump to use like pick 55 on the 70th best player just to make sure you get your guy?

I think that's what we did with Dillon and Deguara. Not a good practice. Take the value, trade to your guy's spot.

44 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Me?  Nope.  I hope we target guys we want and use our picks to move around and get them.

RB, though.....I don't know them well enough to know who that may be and where they should go.

But really I have zero issue with us trading up in any round to secure a guy that we really covet.  This team especially.  Guessing we will have 10 picks or so.  We don't have roster spots for that many, so burn a few to secure guys that can really help.

24 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I think that's what we did with Dillon and Deguara. Not a good practice. Take the value, trade to your guy's spot.

I remember that draft.  We also did it for our first round pick that year.  Traded a 4'th to move up a few slots to secure him.  That turned out okay.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I remember that draft.  We also did it for our first round pick that year.  Traded a 4'th to move up a few slots to secure him.  That turned out okay.

Because we traded to 'our guy's' spot. Exactly.

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Because we traded to 'our guy's' spot. Exactly.

This sounds good, but given how different two teams boards can be, I don't think you can ever be sure of getting your guy by trading 'to a spot', unless you are taking a small reach on your board and hoping other boards are either similar to yours, or that they prefer another guy with their pick.

3 round PFF just now...

OT Jordan Morgan @ 25

CB Quinyon Mitchell @ 41

DL T'Vondre Sweat @ 57

OG Cooper Beebe @ 88

RB Blake Corum @ 92

I would be quite pleased with this.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think TJ Lang was the RT for a left handed QB.

Lang played primarily LT at EMU. https://emueagles.com/news/2009/4/26/FB_0426090257

Lang moved to the offensive line as a sophomore in 2006 and went on to start all 36 games his last three seasons, all 12 in 2006 at right or left offensive tackle and all 12 in 2007 and 2008 at left offensive tackle.

14 hours ago, Tperk said:

3 round PFF just now...

OT Jordan Morgan @ 25

CB Quinyon Mitchell @ 41

DL T'Vondre Sweat @ 57

OG Cooper Beebe @ 88

RB Blake Corum @ 92

I went Kinchens, Bullock, Frazier, Maason Smith, and Estime

Edited by HyponGrey

14 hours ago, Tperk said:

3 round PFF just now...

OT Jordan Morgan @ 25

CB Quinyon Mitchell @ 41

DL T'Vondre Sweat @ 57

OG Cooper Beebe @ 88

RB Blake Corum @ 92

Ironic.  I believe I had the exact same draft yesterday!!!  

• Like 1