2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

What position?

Star .. nickel corner.  Bigger athlete at that position. Great athlete though .. built like a running back. Fairly physical and a ballhawk.  Also a really good punt returner.  He'd be a Keishawn Nixon upgrade at nickel corner.  He listed as a corner at Iowa, but they move him around.  Hi football IQ guy too, which we desperately need. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Star .. nickel corner.  Bigger athlete at that position. Great athlete though .. built like a running back. Fairly physical and a ballhawk.  Also a really good punt returner.  He'd be a Keishawn Nixon upgrade at nickel corner.  He listed as a corner at Iowa, but they move him around.  Hi football IQ guy too, which we desperately need. 

Intriguing.  I’ve seen him mocked in the middle of the first round so we’d have to be pretty confident in the day two board to pass on upper echelon OLine talent and grab him. In general I’m in favor of taking big guys early because there are only some many humans of that size that are athletic enough to play in the NFL. Still, some of my favorite players to watch are game wrecking DBs that can play all over the field in the mold of Woodson. 

On 10/1/2023 at 5:41 PM, NFLGURU said:

There's always going to be those guys you passed on.

Myers over Creed

Sternberger over Terry McClauren

Trading up for Amari Rodgers and passing on Amon-Ra St Brown.

It's happens and always will.

The comparisons are fair but creed was picked 1 spot behind myers at the same position. Everyone and their mothers on draft night liked creed more than myers. Obviously we get 1% of the information that the teams do, but that was a shocking pick. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 3

I'm wondering what the prognosis on Stokes is. The internal one anyway. He had a very promising rookie season but has been dinged up or injured since. 

To me, the biggest problem with personnel on this d is the back end. Jaire is the only guy we have who can really be a shutdown corner. Douglas is a good player but better suited to a zone/slot style. Savage is decent as a SS but a liability in deep coverage. 

I'm looking for outside CB and FS as the biggest needs on the defense. Keep on adding OL, RB, and DL in the middle rounds.

55 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I'm wondering what the prognosis on Stokes is. The internal one anyway. He had a very promising rookie season but has been dinged up or injured since. 

To me, the biggest problem with personnel on this d is the back end. Jaire is the only guy we have who can really be a shutdown corner. Douglas is a good player but better suited to a zone/slot style. Savage is decent as a SS but a liability in deep coverage. 

I'm looking for outside CB and FS as the biggest needs on the defense. Keep on adding OL, RB, and DL in the middle rounds.

I've written Stokes off as a bust. Anything from him is a bonus IMO

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pgwingman said:

I'm not sure I understand. We're going to make a good RT into a C? I get positional versatility but that doesn't feel like a good return on investment.

I guess he's projecting the need at C may result in Tom taking over there. Doesnt mean he'll stay there forever - but the IOL is bleeding and 🤞 Yosh can cover RT.

On 10/1/2023 at 6:18 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

Was watching the Iowa game last night .. the guy that screams Packers to me is Cooper Dejean.  What are the thoughts on him here?

Bro, look back at the start of this thread. Very first post. He plays DB with the mind of a QB and the ball skills of a WR.

If I was picking first overall in this draft… I’d trade down to 7th overall and draft him.

Edited by MacReady
  • Like 1