2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Don’t see him as a guard either.  He’s a man blocking scheme and probably ends up on the right side.  Didn’t hate that Max Starks comparison.

I just disagree i think he can play guard fine. Well, more than fine. no bend issue, anchor for days and days, moves dudes easy. IDK why he wouldnt be able to play guard. his freshman year thats where he played.

Hell the guy who gave you that Starks comp also thinks he can play Guard at a high level.

Edited by HighCalebR

18 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

On the one hand, good for them. But on the other, this stance miiiiiiight backfire a little.

I remember the leak but I don’t recall any PR maneuvering to assure that it wouldn’t happen again or if the person who leaked it was terminated.  It certainly wasn’t a good look for the league so I totally get why agents would push back. 

On 2/15/2024 at 12:07 PM, Old Guy said:

He reminds me of some of the Alabama guys who have busted, hard. I don't see him having the feet to play tackle in the NFL. Also, I see him as RT only, if he can play tackle at all, and we have Tom there. 

All I know is he had a very rough game against Michigan in the Rose Bowl. I know nothing more or less about him than what I saw in that game. 

Edited by packfanfb

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Honestly, Stroud should send a letter thanking them because it probably contributed at least a little in him getting to Houston at No. 2 versus getting stuck in Carolina. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ReasonablySober said:

pbuvFxf.png

Sure, this would work.

Guerendo is growing on me. Be interesting to see how he runs in the combine, but if we want a power-type back to replace Dillon, he's a guy I'd target on Day 3. 

21 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

I just disagree i think he can play guard fine. Well, more than fine. no bend issue, anchor for days and days, moves dudes easy. IDK why he wouldnt be able to play guard. his freshman year thats where he played.

Hell the guy who gave you that Starks comp also thinks he can play Guard at a high level.

I’m not saying he can’t play guard.  I just don’t think he’s a natural fit at guard.  Reminds me of Anthony Davis years ago out of Rutgers.  Can he play guard?  Sure.  Are you going to justify taking him that high as an IOL?  Probably not.  He’s a tackle until he proves he can’t play there.

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I’m not saying he can’t play guard.  I just don’t think he’s a natural fit at guard.  Reminds me of Anthony Davis years ago out of Rutgers.  Can he play guard?  Sure.  Are you going to justify taking him that high as an IOL?  Probably not.  He’s a tackle until he proves he can’t play there.

Justify taking him that high? No not our FO. Nor me. 100% he's a tackle until he proves he can't. But I absolutely believe there's HoFish guard (Carl Nicks) there with the right home.