2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

1 minute ago, ReasonablySober said:

You keep bringing this up like it's an insult. When the Packers and Love were bad I was on Daniels as a top pick before anyone else.

In order to keep bringing something up, I would've had to bring it up before. We were never drafting Jayden Daniels because Jordan Love was never bad. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Jaylen Wright is one of my biggest draft crushes. Perfect heir apparent to Jones. 

Here he is leaving Tykee Smith, Javon Bullard and Kamari Lassiter in his wake. 

Lol "testing will be huge for him". why? It's pretty clear he's an athlete. I'd say the interviews and getting to know him a bit would be much more important.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Lol "testing will be huge for him". why? It's pretty clear he's an athlete. I'd say the interviews and getting to know him a bit would be much more important.

Yea that comment was weird. He's one of the best athletes in the draft.

He's obviously a dangerous runner, it's everything else about the position that'll be important for him. I've had him as a day 3 pick in my mocks for a while now. He's going to be higher on draftnik's boards than he will actual NFL teams boards because he doesn't do the little things yet. There's a reason he only had 137 carries and it's not because Dylan Sampson and Jabari Small are on his level as a runner.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's obviously a dangerous runner, it's everything else about the position that'll be important for him. I've had him as a day 3 pick in my mocks for a while now. He's going to be higher on draftnik's boards than he will actual NFL teams boards because he doesn't do the little things yet. There's a reason he only had 137 carries and it's not because Dylan Sampson and Jabari Small are on his level as a runner.

From what I've read at least, seems to grade out well as a pass blocker for the opportunities he had. I'd be fine nabbing him with one of our 3rds. 

• Like 1

Just now, packfanfb said:

From what I've read at least, seems to grade out well as a pass blocker for the opportunities he had. I'd be fine nabbing him with one of our 3rds. 

I'm not spending a top 100 pick on him. Raw RBs like that typically burn you more than they hit. There's several other RBs in this class that are more refined and have high enough upsides. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Jaylen Wright is one of my biggest draft crushes. Perfect heir apparent to Jones. 

Here he is leaving Tykee Smith, Javon Bullard and Kamari Lassiter in his wake. 

looks fast.  also was a 6 man box, so unlikely he will see that in the NFL.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Want to see that he has that speed with legit RB weight, is my guess.  He is listed at 215, which is bigger than Aaron Jones.  If that is legit, sign me up.  But, just like I have been saying about Ennis Rakestraw, let's see an independent weigh-in on that number.  And to be clear, I am team Wright and team Rakestraw, I just want to be 100% with the information there.

I have been saying for a while, there are a LOT of RBs that I like in this draft.  It just lacks that day 1 complete player.  Like, tell me that a tandem of Audric Estime and Will Shipley wouldn't be very interesting.  I also kind of think that the "don't pay a RB" is bleeding into "don't draft a RB" and hurting the stock of some players.  I do think that you could probably plug and play Jonathon Brooks, Trey Benson, and Blake Corum.  While I hesitate to pick a RB in the first round, I don't think it is a waste to take one in the second.  We got 4 years out of AJ Dillon and 4 years out of Eddie Lacy.  Were they flawed? Sure.  But you don't have to go very far back in Packers draft history to find worse uses of second round picks.

Also, to be clear, I am not advocating for any specific RB in any specific round.  Only that I don't immediately dismiss the idea of a second round RB, if that is the way that the board lines up.  

• Like 2

I like Jaylen Wright but I think Abanikanda (5'11" 215lbs) was a better, and probably faster, back last year and he went in the 5th.  Abanikanda reportedly ran 4.26-4.32 at his pro-day and had great explosive testing #'s.   3-cone and shuttle weren't great.   Think Pass-Pro was the big question with him.  

Fair to say that Tyler Nubin's 40 and 3-cone times will be some of the most important to see next week. He'll become one of the more popular mock picks at 25 if he runs/moves well. Checks every other box for Hafley's FS position.

• Like 1