2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Things you don't see in the same statement. Good news, he still weights 366 pounds. 

Putting it into perspective.

Sweat (per the internet) is 6'4'', 366 pounds.

TJ Slaton, at the combine, was 6'4'' 340 pounds.

Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman

Cooper DeJean said his college teammate Lukas Van Ness has given him good insight during the pre-draft process.

“It’d be cool to play with Lukas again, for sure. I love my Iowa guys. He was a great teammate to play with. Just an absolute freak.”

Dan Parr
@TheDan_Parr

Iowa CB Cooper DeJean not working out at NFL Scouting Combine but says he plans to work out at some point before draft, although probably not at Iowa’s pro day. Working his way back from broken fibula suffered in November. Started running full speed last week.

DeJean did mention he's met with Steelers a couple of times. Lot of mock drafts have Steelers taking him at #20.

I still disagree on the tests being all that useful. You are just looking for confirmation of what you already have, and it's more about players who don't meet expectations unless they massively over perform.

23 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I still disagree on the tests being all that useful. You are just looking for confirmation of what you already have, and it's more about players who don't meet expectations unless they massively over perform.

I think especially with automation of on field analytics this is becoming more and more true. 

True field speed and acceleration can be measured across many samples now. 

30 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Testing should confirm what you already saw on the film.

38 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If Hafley has any say, you should probably be putting Jones in your Packers mocks.

how can a player defend a WR if they don't know the tendencies of that WR, Hafley will demand that his players spend a lot of time on film study, not that other DC's don't require the same, but according to what I've read and this players comments, Haf makes that a large part of the weekly game preparation

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Testing should confirm what you already saw on the film.

They're really to normalize against competition because you have a historical record of other guys doing the same drill.  Like if one pass rusher looks unstoppable on film, that's good, but if he tests like Jarvis Jones it might have more to do with who was blocking him than how good he is.

6 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Braden Fiske is awesome.  Dude is nonstop balls to the ******* wall.

yup.  was hoping for GB to grab him in the 3rd, but very unlikely he makes it that far.  might be more like early/mid 2nd round

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Braden Fiske the early DL winner at the combine. Top Vert (33.5) and 40 (4.78u) of the group. 

Not so sure about that with 31" arms. Much easier for the 0-linemen to get their hands on you. 

Edited by Old Guy

7 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Very disappointed TJ Tampa isn't working at the Combine.   Tampa, Rakestraw and Melton were three I really want to see

Byron Murphy's quads make AJ Dillon look like Aaron Jones

Tampa tweaked his hamstring so pretty much just give him a Packer jersey already.