2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

23 minutes ago, Tperk said:

How many OL picks would be deemed excessive? 3? 4?

Probably 4. You're not trying to intentionally draft backups with those picks, but we really only have what, two positions in need of an immediate upgrade, maybe three depending on how you feel about Myers? The way I see it, two picks to fill those red spots on the line, and maybe a late-rounder for development a la Walker.

ARI with Murray back at QB has a legit chance to notch a few more wins.  They are not in outright tank mode, they are a lot like GB.  They will probably lose a lot of games down the stretch, but it won't be by design.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

Carolina, NE, and NYG are the only three teams I would bet solid money on having worse records than GB by the end of the season. 

The Bears should end up with a worse record, but they have Arizona and Atlanta at home, so who knows. 

Speaking of, Arizona has a light schedule and they feel feisty. 

The Packers SOS is really, really going to help them this year. 

I think can get to #4, but probably end up at #5 or #6 with week 17 being huge. 

Still not a bad spot to be in. 

Williams
Maye
Harrison Jr.
Daniels

That leaves them with Bowers. 

23 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

I think can get to #4, but probably end up at #5 or #6 with week 17 being huge. 

Still not a bad spot to be in. 

Williams
Maye
Harrison Jr.
Daniels

That leaves them with Bowers. 

Picking at 5 with the option of either of the LT, and you choose Bowers is certainly a choice.

Just now, ReasonablySober said:

It's an insanely deep class at WR and OT. I'm not worried about getting a good one later. Bowers is special. 

Imagine using 2 top 96 picks on TEs, and you want to bring in another one?  Take Alt/Fashanu and you'll have your starting LT for the next decade.

• Like 2