2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

LOL.  I'm with yah.  I'd have to see the board, for sure, but he would be very hard to pass on.   (Which is better than having a hard on to pass.)

We'd be chasing other real "needs" in the draft, but we have picks to burn for that.  

Yep, you line up with 6'4, 4.3 speed Thomas and Watson out wide.  That's going to play havoc with the safeties. Then you got Reed/Wicks/Doubs working the middle.  You can throw Musgrave and Kraft options in there as you want.  Jordan Love would feast.  What does that do for Josh Jacobs and the running game?  It opens it up a lot.  Who is stopping that offense??

People look at our WRs and say we don't need help there   Perhaps we don't but this would be a gamechanger move. 

As you said, we have many picks to address the OL and defense.  

Picking Thomas if he makes it to 25 would change a lot of offensive options for the Packers.  He likely doesn't make it to 25, but I'd easily take him assuming his interviews went well.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Too light for what we typically like, by almost 10 pounds, probably a tad short as well.  He was coming off of surgery at the combine, and improved his numbers a bit at the pro day, but didn't test like a superstar athletically.  Which is a shame, because you have to love how he plays.  But if he is a little bit too light, a little bit too short, and a little bit too slow, how does he make it work at the next level? It certainly doesn't mean he won't get drafted.  But it really hurts his stock.  

If he's there at our natural 2 I'm super comfortable with that. I can get behind it with the Jets pick pretty quickly. Feel like he's this years Branch. Start him as dime and by years end he's starting over Nixon.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Yep, you line up with 6'4, 4.3 speed Thomas and Watson out wide.  That's going to play havoc with the safeties. Then you got Reed/Wicks/Doubs working the middle.  You can throw Musgrave and Kraft options in there as you want.  Jordan Love would feast.  What does that do for Josh Jacobs and the running game?  It opens it up a lot.

People look at our WRs and say we don't need help there   Perhaps we don't but this would be a gamechanger move.

As you said, we have many picks to address the OL and defense.  

Picking Thomas if he makes it to 25 would change a lot of offensive options for the Packers.  He likely doesn't make it to 25, but I'd easily take him assuming his interviews went well.

Not disagreeing.

But I view him this way, he is Watson insurance.  He's another height/weight/speed guy.  On top of that?  If/when he outplays Watson/Doubs/Reed/Wicks/Heath/Melton, we can simply feel better about trading a player, or two away.

He's got more potential than anyone else in that room, perhaps besides Watson.  Maybe Reed, too.

I dunno.  Fun to dream.  But he really shouldn't be there at all.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Lofton said:

Hi -- what's the hot take on ENNIS RASTRAW JR. I remember seeing ranked in the first round early one, but seems to have fallen into round 2 now?

He played for Misery so he has to suck, right @ThatJerkDave😁

Other than that, I have no idea. 

2 hours ago, ReasonablySober said:

I know I shouldn't let one stupid opinion color a guy's whole body of work. 

But when Chris Simms ranks Marvin Harrison Jr. below Brian Thomas Jr., that's when I check out on everything else the guy says. 

I like Simms because he has his takes which in some places are different to the norm. I feel he actually watches the tape to come to his conclusions and is not just doing it to be different. It is interesting because it shows evaluators all have different takes and not a consensus. 

With the Safeties he pretty much sees it as most of the forum does. He is not as high on Bullard though. With ILB he prefers Colson above all others and pretty much hates Trotter.

Interesting takes and taken with a pinch of salt