2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

6 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I agree it would be best to keep Jones and 69 on board, neither of salaries for 2024 are within the ballpark. Jones has 12.1 cash coming if he’s on this roster. 69 has 20 mil just for being on the roster.

32.1 Mil for Jones and Bakhtiari. We need to get that to 20 between the two.

Think 25 is a realistic number, good thing about Bakh is we could load a deal full of play time incentives and they wouldn't be considered LTBE due to him missing this season, that way if he does play a majority of the season that hit wouldn't come until 2025, where we're flush.

They both need to be replaced this off-season, but it would be nice to have them as a bridge between now and when those replacements have a year under their belt in 2025.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I agree, and what better way to work in the next tackle then to sit for a year and learn the system while being in an NFL weight room. How many games did Tom start last year if not for injury?

If Tom had started more, Packers might have been in the playoffs. Packers have had considerable success starting rookies at OT. 

2 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

I agree it would be best to keep Jones and 69 on board, neither of salaries for 2024 are within the ballpark. Jones has 12.1 cash coming if he’s on this roster. 69 has 20 mil just for being on the roster.

32.1 Mil for Jones and Bakhtiari. We need to get that to 20 between the two.

I definitely disagree on Bak. Love the guy but that knee is toast. Jones could go either way but at this point I see no reason to bring Bakhtiari back just hoping THIS time the knee will hold up. 

11 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I definitely disagree on Bak. Love the guy but that knee is toast. Jones could go either way but at this point I see no reason to bring Bakhtiari back just hoping THIS time the knee will hold up. 

Obviously in this scenario the medical team believes he should be pain free and ready to play by preseason let’s say to be fair.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kepler said:

You know that once we get rid of bahk his knee will be good for a couple years for somebody else. It's just how life works. 

But if we keep him it will be an ongoing issue weekly.  I don't trust his health already, and now you throw a major surgery on top of that.  No thanks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

Obviously in this scenario the medical team believes he should be pain free and ready to play by preseason let’s say to be fair.

I don't.think you can know until it's too late. I'm sure they thought he'd be fine this year too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I don't.think you can know until it's too late. I'm sure they thought he'd be fine this year too.

I…don’t think they honestly did. But there was no downside to trying. We couldn’t cut him because we’d be over the cap. 

It’s like a 90% chance he’s just gone ASAP, maybe that date was known long ago.

51 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I…don’t think they honestly did. But there was no downside to trying. We couldn’t cut him because we’d be over the cap. 

It’s like a 90% chance he’s just gone ASAP, maybe that date was known long ago.

I'd expect them to push him to get it fixed unless they were reasonably confident it would hold up.

He's a 40 mil cap hit with 19 dead money next year. They save 21 mil in both cap and cash cutting him and I don't see any way you can have any level of confidence in that knee.