2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

12 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Be the new easily most hateable player In the league I'd Williams goes that route.  I guess the NFL needs a new heel.

If he winds up in Chicago it will make for a potentially great rivalry with the Bears again.  There's only been a handful of times in my Packers fandom where these teams were evenly matched.  I don't even consider the Bears to be the Packers top rival .. it's the Vikings.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Somebody will give him more than that. Kesean Nixon got 6 for one year didn't he?

I see someone else already corrected you concerning the usage of Nixon in this conversation.

Now...my turn.  Look.  I'm typically wrong by 33% when it comes to FA contracts.  So yea, someone will probably offer him more than what I posted.  I may even go higher than that for him.

And it doesn't really matter.  At the end of the day, I find value in a Runyan type of player as the first IOL off of the bench.  Be it on a Lane Taylor deal or Lucas Patrick deal.  Whatever that deal is for the 2024 FA class, that is what I'd offer Runyan.

12 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I see someone else already corrected you concerning the usage of Nixon in this conversation.

Now...my turn.  Look.  I'm typically wrong by 33% when it comes to FA contracts.  So yea, someone will probably offer him more than what I posted.  I may even go higher than that for him.

And it doesn't really matter.  At the end of the day, I find value in a Runyan type of player as the first IOL off of the bench.  Be it on a Lane Taylor deal or Lucas Patrick deal.  Whatever that deal is for the 2024 FA class, that is what I'd offer Runyan.

It's a pretty easy correlation. Returners are not as valued (paid as well) as offensive guards. Pretty simple really. I don't believe Nixon played a whole lot of defense last year, I could be wrong about that, and if he did it was non-descript. 

He was paid for his kick returning ability. 

Somebody will pay Runyan to start this off season, it won't (better not be) us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It's a pretty easy correlation. Returners are not as valued (paid as well) as offensive guards. Pretty simple really. I don't believe Nixon played a whole lot of defense last year, I could be wrong about that, and if he did it was non-descript. 

He was paid for his kick returning ability. 

Somebody will pay Runyan to start this off season, it won't (better not be) us. 

No.  You've missed the point multiple times about Nixon, as a returner, as it relates to a guard like JRJ.

I maintain, I'd offer him a Lucas Patrick/Lane Taylor type deal to keep that kind of guard here in GB.  Maybe someone else offers him more, but that is what I'd do.  Whatever that deal looks like in 2024.

Just now, vegas492 said:

No.  You've missed the point multiple times about Nixon, as a returner, as it relates to a guard like JRJ.

I maintain, I'd offer him a Lucas Patrick/Lane Taylor type deal to keep that kind of guard here in GB.  Maybe someone else offers him more, but that is what I'd do.  Whatever that deal looks like in 2024.

That's fine, but I want an upgrade over JRJ in the starting lineup.  He's not good enough for a starting role on a good NFL line.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That's fine, but I want an upgrade over JRJ in the starting lineup.  He's not good enough for a starting role on a good NFL line.

Is that not what I've been saying?  Low end deal for JRJ to first the first IOL off of the bench.  I'm not paying him starter money.  But if he needs to spot start due to injury?  He'd be fine.

I too want better at that position, but I'll also pay real money to have a quality backup inside.

• Like 2

Just now, vegas492 said:

Is that not what I've been saying?  Low end deal for JRJ to first the first IOL off of the bench.  I'm not paying him starter money.  But if he needs to spot start due to injury?  He'd be fine.

I too want better at that position, but I'll also pay real money to have a quality backup inside.

Newman can have that role on his rookie contract. Draft an additional guy to develop in April and eventually replace Newman. No need to keep JRJ around. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Newman can have that role on his rookie contract. Draft an additional guy to develop in April and eventually replace Newman. No need to keep JRJ around. 

Newman's spot has to be upgraded, He needs to be cut next year. 

Walker, Jenkins, Myers, Rhyan, Tom are locks, IMO for next year that are under contract. Jones and Tenuta are the only others under contract on the roster. 

Going to have to draft a few and get one in free agency or as Vegas pointed out. IF we could get JRJ on a cheap deal, bring him back for depth. 

More reason to start Rhyan now, so Runyan's value decreases and you may be able to get him back on the cheap. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If he winds up in Chicago it will make for a potentially great rivalry with the Bears again.  There's only been a handful of times in my Packers fandom where these teams were evenly matched.  I don't even consider the Bears to be the Packers top rival .. it's the Vikings.  

I don't know about that. Maybe they've been better recently. But MN has never won anything of significance so hard to consider them as any kind of peer team/rival. At least the Bears have won a SB and been to another since the 1980s. I dislike MN much more, but Bears are a bigger rivalry to me if that makes sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don't know about that. Maybe they've been better recently. But MN has never won anything of significance so hard to consider them as any kind of peer team/rival. At least the Bears have won a SB and been to another since the 1980s. I dislike MN much more, but Bears are a bigger rivalry to me if that makes sense.

Maybe it depends where in the state you live.  EVERY Packer fan I know that lives in central, western or northern Wisconsin dislikes the Vikings by far and it's not even close.  Doesn't matter if the Queens have won anything or not .. it's them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Maybe it depends where in the state you live.  EVERY Packer fan I know that lives in central, western or northern Wisconsin dislikes the Vikings by far and it's not even close.  Doesn't matter if the Queens have won anything or not .. it's them.

I live in central Illinois, but it's the Vikings for me when it comes to pure hatred.  While they haven't won anything they have beaten the Packers many a time in the past few decades.  The bears just haven't been competitive with the Packers for a long time.  Now if things revert back to the 80's and early 90's I'm sure I'll feel differently.  There were a couple years when they had Cutler and Marshall that were competitive, but not for long. 

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

This is totally me. Grew up right on the border with Minnesota and can't stand anything Minnesota related. 

• Like 2

Quick fanspeak draft with some trades

TRADES

Trade Partner: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sent:

• Round 2 Pick 18
  • Round 3 Pick 18

Received:

• Round 2 Pick 10

Trade Partner: Buffalo Bills

Sent:

• Round 1 Pick 9