2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

12 of Tankathon's Top 100 players playing in SEC title game.

Alabama:

(9)   Dallas Turner - EDGE

(11) Kool-Aid McKinstry - CB

(12) JC Latham - OT

(35) Terrion Arnold - CB

(67) Chris Braswell - EDGE

Georgia:

(6)   Brock Bowers - TE

(23) Amarius Mims - OT

(32) Kamari Lassiter - CB

(55) Javon Bullard - S

(68) Sedric Van Pran - IOL

(72) Ladd McConkey - WR

(75) Nazir Stackhouse - DL

Looked like Turner just went limping off the field on the last play. Right after I was singing his praises. 

Edited by Old Guy

The Packers have ok but not great late season results. They draft 16th.

Gutekunst's dilemma. Not liking the draft choices there much, the Packers try to trade down, but no luck. Trading up also proved too expensive.

Now they are stuck at pick 16. These 15 are already off the board

3xQBs (Williams, Maye, McCarthy)
3XWRs (Harrison, Nabers, Odunze)
4xOTs (Fashanu, Alt, Latham, Fuaga)
2xCBs (McKinstry, DeJean)
2xEdge (Turner, Latu)
1x DT (Newton)

So who is your choice ? Possible picks include:
WR Keon Coleman (6'4", 215, 4.45)
TE Brock Bowers (6'4",240, 4.48)
OT Amarius Mims (6'7"340)
Edge Chop Robinson (6'3", 255, 4.47)

You can take any of the above, or someone else still on the board, if you prefer.

I don't think this is an easy choice, so many draft fans would like to trade up or down, but this is not an option, you have to take someone, so who is your pick ? 

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

6 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Gutekunst's dilemma. Not liking the draft choices there much, the Packers try to trade down, but no luck. Trading up also proved too expensive.

2xEdge (Turner, Latu)
1x DT (Newton)

You can take any of the above, or someone else still on the board, if you prefer.

I don't think this is an easy choice, so many draft fans would like to trade up or down, but this is not an option, you have to take someone, so who is your pick ? 

I would guess Mims, Verse, or maybe Barton from Duke.

Edited by Tperk
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Make it happen Gute

I don’t watch much CFB so every year the draft is just me piecing together information from the “experts” but it seemed like there was consensus this year would be strong for OL. Our front office clearly had some long term thinking on that one by not taking any to see what our young talent can do this year but GB will absolutely use a premium pick and another midrounder  on OL this year. Bakh going out this year tested our depth and turned a strength into a mediocrity by week 2. Since then, the young guys have pulled some weight but next year competitions will be fierce there with plenty of new blood. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

I admittedly don't know the draft class, yet.  In @OneTwoSixFive's scenario, I look pretty strongly at the best safety or running back on the board.  Both are relatively high on the positions of need, and we would get our pick of the class.  Could be that there are no first round prospects there, I don't know.  But that is my current thought in the "worst case scenario" board as it stands.

I like Coleman more than a little lol but Mims is a beast. I’d be ok with either. I also think there is a safety maybe in the second coming to the podium. Might be one of those trade back to the early second and take Bullard??? (Sp) type days.

3 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

I think any RB or S at 16 would be a reach. Mims or Nate Wiggins would seem to me to be the best choices. 

Safety and RB seem to be the two worst position groups this year, while QB, WR and CB are strong and IOL is decent. Edge and DT are a little below average.

5 hours ago, Tperk said:

I would guess Mims, Verse, or maybe Barton from Duke.

I would quite like OT Patrick Paul or Barton, but both are reaches that might be had with a round 2 pick. Mims seems to be the next rated OT and probably not much of a reach at pick 16.

My go to guy at 16 would have been  Edge/DE  Laiatu Latu, but he is gone in my scenario. 

I'm very tempted to say the hell with premium positions this year and grab TE Bowers.

If, instead of my scenario, which is an uncomfortable one, QB Bo Nix and DE Jared Verse went early, it would make things rather easier - someone good would be dropping to 16.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

10 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

2xEdge (Turner, Latu)
1x DT (Newton)

Mims

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I would quite like OT Patrick Paul or Barton, but both are reaches that might be had with a round 2 pick. Mims seems to be the next rated OT and probably not much of a reach at pick 16.

I feel that as long as we don't reach too much for an OT with our first pick, that makes things much easier on day 2 and 3. Grab that OT and we can look for DL/IOL/WR/S/RB help with the other 4 top 100 picks we currently have.