2023 Special Teams, will it be a yea or nay year...?

vike daddy

I'm curious what more we could have done to help Carlson besides keeping him longer to see if he'll situate things out.  

I'm under the impression that Zimmer was not going to be patient with him,  or really anybody who performed poorly, like Kellen Mond.

Granted, I have no insider information here at all.  I'm basing this off what I've seen with this team during the Zimmer era.

On 12/9/2023 at 9:17 PM, SteelKing728 said:

I'm curious what more we could have done to help Carlson besides keeping him longer to see if he'll situate things out.  

I'm under the impression that Zimmer was not going to be patient with him,  or really anybody who performed poorly, like Kellen Mond.

Granted, I have no insider information here at all.  I'm basing this off what I've seen with this team during the Zimmer era.

That is likely accurate.  While we'll never know, Zimmer's patience with mistakes wasn't very long. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 9:17 PM, SteelKing728 said:

The Raiders saw a mechanical issue with his approach to the ball on field goal kicks and fixed it. Carlson's been nails ever since. 

Zimmer didn't want to have to work with a rookie kicker to figure it out. He wasn't willing to put the time in to figuring things out on offense or with special teams, which was ultimately his undoing as a coach.

• Like 4

Greg Joseph has only made 45 percent of his field-goal attempts from 40 yards away or further this season (5-of-11).

After Sunday's performance, the Vikings' only kicker on their roster has converted only 76 percent of his field goal tries this year, which is even lower than the 78.8 field-goal percentage that he finished with last season.

https://thevikingage.com/posts/3-minnesota-vikings-should-benched-week-15-cincinnati-bengals/4

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Greg Joseph has only made 45 percent of his field-goal attempts from 40 yards away or further this season (5-of-11).

After Sunday's performance, the Vikings' only kicker on their roster has converted only 76 percent of his field goal tries this year, which is even lower than the 78.8 field-goal percentage that he finished with last season.

https://thevikingage.com/posts/3-minnesota-vikings-should-benched-week-15-cincinnati-bengals/4

Yeah...Joseph has taken a step back....which is probably deadly for a place kicker...hahaha...I crack myself up sometimes!!😆

• Like 3