Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd say something like: 66%  3800 yards 25/8.

Only thing that I would really feel comfy hammering the over on there would be the completion %.

Now if GM Rodgers gets Adams? That changes everything. 

I am expecting a disaster of a season. I was expecting that this year behind that OL. 

I think Aaron is trending sharply in the wrong direction. He has a pretty bad 2022 with pretty obvious waning skills. Now he's coming off a torn Achilles and is more mentally gone/distracted than ever.

Hard to find a reason to think he'll look successful there.

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

First thing:If you type "first thing", there should at least be a second thing.

second thing: one of us linked to other's knowledge, one of us has nothing. 

third thing: it's me that used others' (experts) knowledge that is published and reviewed to refute the nothing burger you gave

lol anyone that says "we're a constitutional republic not a democracy" should be ignored. We're a representative democracy as well. It's not one or the other. 

• Like 6

Just now, incognito_man said:

I am expecting a disaster of a season. I was expecting that this year behind that OL. 

I think Aaron is trending sharply in the wrong direction. He has a pretty bad 2022 with pretty obvious waning skills. Now he's coming off a torn Achilles and is more mentally gone/distracted than ever.

Hard to find a reason to think he'll look successful there.

They'll take an early OT, and get AVT back. Rodgers recruits Yosh to come over for a modest contract lets say.

Yosh-AVT-Tippman-Tomlinson-Latham

That's a mid pack OL, certainly not the disaster it was this year. 

I see 2025 at the year it falls apart for Aaron if he decides to play that long. Next year I think he'll be OK. 

37 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

So how many wins do you think the transfer to Love cost assuming Rodgers doesn’t get injured? 2? 3?

Some of the early close losses are probably wins with Rodgers this season.  I am assuming that all of the rest of the players played exactly the same as they did all year.  Love was short arming a lot at the beginning of the season, but he cleaned that up.  It is almost a certainty that Rodgers doesn't turn the ball over 3 times against the Raiders.  I am also guessing that he pulls off the Steelers and Broncos games.  Falcons and Giants games are classic Rodgers-Packers losses where they score, then the defense giftwraps a win for the opponent.  

2 or 3 is probably correct.  Probably still finish second in the division and are 6 seed instead of 7.  It also sets Love back another season with no PT, which means you probably also start off at square one looking for the future QB.  

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Some of the early close losses are probably wins with Rodgers this season.  I am assuming that all of the rest of the players played exactly the same as they did all year.  Love was short arming a lot at the beginning of the season, but he cleaned that up.  It is almost a certainty that Rodgers doesn't turn the ball over 3 times against the Raiders.  I am also guessing that he pulls off the Steelers and Broncos games.  Falcons and Giants games are classic Rodgers-Packers losses where they score, then the defense giftwraps a win for the opponent.  

2 or 3 is probably correct.  Probably still finish second in the division and are 6 seed instead of 7.  It also sets Love back another season with no PT, which means you probably also start off at square one looking for the future QB.  

Late season emergence of Reed, Kraft and Wicks is not an option without the Rodgers trade which impacts some games 

9 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

What about the late season games Love won that Rodgers wouldn't have?

Aaron got zero multi-TD, zero-INT games in the final 6 weeks last year.

Jordan Love has 5 multi-TD, zero-INT games in the final 6 weeks this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Late season emergence of Reed, Kraft and Wicks is not an option without the Rodgers trade which impacts some games 

We don't know that.  Those were the healthy WRs, that is who he would throw to.  Everything that I know about Wicks points to him being a guy that Rodgers would love, which is just as speculative as saying he wouldn't throw at rookies, admittedly.  IMO, there was a part of the season he would have probably been forcing passes to Reed and Wicks.

But from probably week 11 onward, Love played as well as anyone in the league.  I don't think there is any reason to think that Rodgers (or anyone for that matter) plays any better.  You get your losses when the defense cannot stop the Giants or Tampa, we saw that happen with Rodgers under center too.  Then there is a shootout against Carolina.  Maybe he has a little veteran savvy and has a little better clock management against the Panthers and Bears and we win a little bit bigger? But he was also prone to burning offensive time outs because he didn't like something, so maybe not.  

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Rodgers would have thrown for 12 TDs in each of those games, incog.  

• Like 1

Yall make some fine as points. I’m leaning with Dave still on 2-3. I guess that puts us in this same position but with Rodgers at QB, minus the cash we would’ve been on the hook for Aaron (holy schnikees can you imagine carrying that cap).

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Welcome to crazy town!

I thought it was parody but then I remembered I was doing that thing where I'm giving someone way too much credit and people actually believe that ****.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

First thing:If you type "first thing", there should at least be a second thing.

second thing: one of us linked to other's knowledge, one of us has nothing. 

third thing: it's me that used others' (experts) knowledge that is published and reviewed to refute the nothing burger you gave

"The experts have an AGENDA"

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

One other thing to consider is that Rodgers only had 94 yards and 1 rushing TD last year vs. 247 and 4 for Love this year. While he probably doesn't quite have the presence that Rodgers has, his mobility is certainly greater at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

They'll take an early OT, and get AVT back. Rodgers recruits Yosh to come over for a modest contract lets say.

Yosh-AVT-Tippman-Tomlinson-Latham

That's a mid pack OL, certainly not the disaster it was this year. 

I see 2025 at the year it falls apart for Aaron if he decides to play that long. Next year I think he'll be OK. 

Ah yes, undrafted Yosh Nijman who will be a UFA for the first time in his career at age 29 is going to take a modest contract because Aaron said he had nice feet once.

53 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

We don't know that.  Those were the healthy WRs, that is who he would throw to.  Everything that I know about Wicks points to him being a guy that Rodgers would love, which is just as speculative as saying he wouldn't throw at rookies, admittedly.  IMO, there was a part of the season he would have probably been forcing passes to Reed and Wicks.

Without the Rodgers trade, GB doesn't have the pucks to get all of Musgrave, Reed, Kraft and Wicks.  

Pick 1 and then you leave the rest out of the speculation.

2 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Ah yes, undrafted Yosh Nijman who will be a UFA for the first time in his career at age 29 is going to take a modest contract because Aaron said he had nice feet once.

He's going to take a modest contract because he was benched as a starting OT this year and then benched at OL6 too. 

He's a passable OT, he's not going to blow games for you like Turner and Becton did. 

Very odd to have an aggressive stance on Yosh Nijman's free agency lol.