Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The reason, of course, is politics and not science.

This is yet another lie. 

There are plenty of ways that this one was different than others. The timeframes used to test them. The methodologies used to test them. The degree of lethality or lack thereof for the condition they are meant to treat, especially for certain age groups. Not to mention the heap of negligence on the actions of the entities pushing them which calls their credibility into question (no vitamin-D PSA’s). The conflicts-of-interest present in many of the decision-makers pushing it, & the revolving-door between the pharms execs & the policy-maker positions. 

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

There have been years I didn't get a flu shot because it was inconvenient and I don't like being around people anyway.

I never got it until they changed the rules that if we didn't get it we had to wear a mask for four months... Oh if I only knew what was around the corner lol. Now for some reason we don't have to get it, and if we don't we no longer have to wear a mask during those periods. Health care is a crazy *** world lol

• Like 1

It's amusing how it's just always projection with some folks as they keep replying like this meme:

Morgan “Absolute Heater of a Memoir” Campbell on X: "Replies to that CBC  story on @BlackGirlHockey look like... “Why does there need to be a Black  Girls Hockey Club? Isn't that racist.

It's also amusing that they keep impotently and angrily replying to some of us who have had them blocked for the better part of the past 4 years.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I never got it until they changed the rules that if we didn't get it we had to wear a mask for four months... Oh if I only knew what was around the corner lol. Now for some reason we don't have to get it, and if we don't we no longer have to wear a mask during those periods. Health care is a crazy *** world lol

the thing about the seasonal flu is that there are (I believe) alternative ways to mitigate both personal and societal risk (i.e. hygiene, masks, etc). And if those mitigations are in in the same ballpark for effectiveness, they should be just as acceptable.

Vaccination is just a REALLY effective way to ensure some baseline of herd immunity. But if folks have a strong preference for taking mitigation into their own hands AND those methods are just as beneficial to society - of course that's a logical solution.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

It's amusing how it's just always projection with some folks.

It's also amusing that they keep impotently and angrily replying to some of us who have had them blocked for the better part of the past 4 years.

🤣 says the dude with zero self-awareness. 🪞

What’s amusing is that you pretend that I am replying to deaf ears, yet you are obviously still reading what I am saying. 

37 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

It's freedom of choice... freedom! They wanted people to be forced to take the shot just to walk around in public. Crazy!

Most vaccines also take years to develop and are thoroughly tested before hand. There were also reports of people having terrible side affects and the government and companies were still basically saying, shut up and take the shot.

This, from a guy who took the shot... why? I have a wife and family and needed my job.

what about the freedom of others to live, and vaccines do not take years to develop, specially now with modern medicine, most never took long anyway

and those reports where from people dedicated to smear this vaccine, minus 2/3rds of this country vaccinating and we'd have doubled or tripled the death count, and you took that shot to keep your family from getting covid as much or more then just keeping your job, come on, the jab saved a hell of a lot more then it ever harmed.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

the thing about the seasonal flu is that there are (I believe) alternative ways to mitigate both personal and societal risk (i.e. hygiene, masks, etc). And if those mitigations are in in the same ballpark for effectiveness, they should be just as acceptable.

Vaccination is just a REALLY effective way to ensure some baseline of herd immunity. But if folks have a strong preference for taking mitigation into their own hands AND those methods are just as beneficial to society - of course that's a logical solution.

I agree, and I didn't avoid getting it out of any stance on it. It's just I work in a hospital surrounded by cough, and sneezes etc. I felt safe from the flu, therefore why take a vaccine away. The having to wear a mask for four months was a breaking point though, lol. I mean they were STRICKT on it. So if you can't beat them, join them I guess. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Every year it costs about $90 billion to treat influenza

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1885332/#:~:text=The researchers estimated annual medical,is attributable to the deaths.

Getting the vaccine can reduce your odds of contracting it by 60%

https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/forefront/prevention-and-screening-articles/frequently-asked-questions-about-the-flu-vaccine

So, if you're a fan of not wasting taxpayers money ($323 per taxpayer) it's a good idea.

What if I have never gotten the flu?

41 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Vaccination is just a REALLY effective way to ensure some baseline of herd immunity. 

The thing I loved about the people who refused the vaccine due to "herd immunity" would always use diseases for which the vaccine rates were near-universal as their examples of herd immunity working

Edited by Mr Bad Example
  • Like 2